Storage Solutions Seagate RMA ?: Need Help and Advice on Procedure.

Phenomenal

Disciple
Hello,

I have a Seagate ST3500418AS 500GB (purchased in 2009,under warranty) drive from Mumbai (Lammy Road) and Hard Disk Sentinel shows that it has only 9% life left.
Also tested with HDDlife Pro Trial - 12%
Crystal Disk Info : Caution
It says there are 2000+ Bad Sectors on the disk surface and also it warns about the reallocated sector count.
Here is the exact message :

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1021x515.
28bqu5g.png

Can I get this drive RMA'ed ?How do I go about it?
I plan to contact my reseller (Lammy Road Shop) as I have the proper VAT bill alongwith the serial number and original anti-static cover.
I heard Seagate gives a REFURBISHED drive and not a new one,is true?
What about the warranty on the new drive?
I am scared that only 14 days are left!
Backing up all the data now!

Also if it's not required then what is the significance of those errors and how can I fix them?

Please advice and also comment about your Seagate RMA experiences.
THANK YOU
icon_smile.gif

I recently rmaed a 1tb Seagate & got a certified repaired i.e refurbished one in 4days flat.
You have to contact accelfrontline.
I am from Bangalore have no idea about accelfrontline in Mumbai.

I recently rmaed a 1tb Seagate & got a certified repaired i.e refurbished one in 4days flat.
You have to contact accelfrontline.
I am from Bangalore have no idea about accelfrontline in Mumbai.

Thanks man.Everything good with the refurb drive?
And how did you know when to RMA it?My drive hasn't failed yet but the bad sectors are increasing after every startup.
I don't want to delete the data from the HDD if they won't accept it.

Register your drive at Accel Warranty Management System here you'll have to enter your drive's serial no. and the type of defect. After submitting the form you'll get the request no. note it and present it to the service center along with the drive. You can contact accel front line to find out the nearest service center.

I had been to there marol, andheri service center (now shifted to saki naka, andheri), they informed me in about 15 days that they will be giving me a new drive. This new replacement drive failed after two months. Submitted this drive again and got a refurbished drive which is running good so far for 8 months.

In your case I think they will accept your drive, and even if they are not going to accept it, they won't be able to tell about it upfront. So i think you will have to delete your data.

while taking it for rma they don't check anything mine was mas making weird spinning noise,I submitted it for rma they took it no questions asked.
replaced is working OK.

I was trying to give my 250GB Seagate HDD for RMA, which has completely failed.
When I entered the serial number in the Accel frontline page, I got the serial number not found.
However, through the Seagate Warranty page directly, I was able to create a RMA request, but the RMA label asks me to send the same to Accel frontline Chennai

Any idea if I can submit the same to Bangalore & if so, the proceedure thereof, as I am based at Bangalore.

Thanks for advising

^you can submit the drive at bangalore and explain them that the accel site didn't work you. They will work out a procedure for your case.

@shravank30 Even I was in the same situation. I just created my account/user id on the Accel website and submitted the drive to Accel Pune.
Got a refurb in a week, no questions asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
^you can submit the drive at bangalore and explain them that the accel site didn't work you. They will work out a procedure for your case.

Registered at the Accel site & spoke to their call Centre. They are asking to bring the drive to the NR Road Service centre at Bangalore & also personally collect the same.

Is it advisable to go through this hassle or should I simply courier it to Chennai as I have already created a RMA request and got a mailing Label from Seagate site directly

Back