Storage Solutions Seagate ST31000333AS died ,what to do

blackperl

Disciple
today i think my ST31000333AS died bought 1 month ago,SMART fail
i can't open one partition from this HDD.taking 5-10 min to boot as i m using it as slave drive.
i got warning HDD error and SMART fail:S
now what to do ??
any one know replacements center in delhi ??
will they give new or repaired HDD
try Sea tools ,all test fail :rofl:

Give it to your dealer for replacement. Or else contact accel frontline centre in your as they are authorised service centres for seagate- usually they will replace the HD after 5 working days. Google out the address or someone from your city should post the address shortly.

Either new, refurbished or repaired- which falls within their company policy. Most of them end up with new ones but there are few who end up with the latter. Before giving it for replacement, try with another sata cable, on another sata port or with some other molex connector. If it works- good for you. If not, then the data is as good as gone.

i tried with different Sata port ,all error,tried so many software to test Hard Disk Sentinel,hd tune ,sea tools ,all fail

refurbished or repaired ??its 1 TB HDD !! what if i want new one as i bought 1 month ago ??

It is going to be a replacement. Opening up the existing HDD and trying to repair platter which has gone kaput is not possible. If there are bad sectors on the platter or any mechanical problem its going to be replaced with a new one.

But if the circuitry is a problem then it would be repaired or the PCB replaced. For Samsung i remember. You go with the drive and tell them the issue. If there is no physical damage they give you immediate replacement with a new one AFAIK.

its new drive ,so there is no firmware problem,as my firmware is ok according to their site

i was getting the waring that HDd error need to backup your data

then i checked with tools ,all test fail ,can't open one partition of that drive

Any which ways friend. You dont have any choice other then going to seagates service center.

Based on the OS that you are using, boot in recovery console and run the cmd chkdsk /r by going to the prompt of that partition.

It will try to recover your data of the partition where you run this cmd by placing the data in the folders named found.000, found.001 etc and mark any bad sectors found as bad. Then you can backup these folders to another drive say a USB drive. Then take your disk to seagate.

Make sure you wipe out all your personal data before handing over your drive by doing a low level format if it allows you to.

Failure Predicted - Attribute: 5 Count of sectors moved to the spare area. Indicate problem with the disk surface or the read/write heads.

There are 2938 bad sectors on the disk surface. The contents of these sectors were moved to the spare area.

The drive found 3 bad sectors during its self test.

Problems occurred during the spin up of the disk. This can be caused by the disk itself or huge power load (weak power supply).

There are 3 weak sectors found on the disk surface. They may be remapped any time in the later use of the disk.

Replace hard disk immediately.

It is recommended to backup immediately to prevent data loss.

i bought 7 july,so only 1 month old ,it has CC1H firmware ,made in china

the drive should still be bootable even with smart fail.

bios has SMART disable option... disable it, boot into some OS from a different drive.. backup all essential data... take a deep breath.. n go for replacement..

Back