Search for music by humming or singing

tarun

Adept
Have you ever been in a situation when you wanted a song but don't know the actual song but just remember how it sounds? Here is the solution for you:

Try Midomi:

Search for Music Using Your Voice by Singing or Humming, View Music Videos, Join Fan Clubs, Share with Friends, Be Discovered and Much More For Free! - midomi.com

How it works is it just records your voice (singing/humming) and gives you the search results on the basis of your recorded voice.

And It really works. I just tried humming couple of songs like Richard Marx - Right here Waiting and Kal Ho Na Ho title song and it showed them correctly as the first match in the results. :)

There is also an iPhone app for all the iPhone owners.

Search for Music Using Your Voice by Singing or Humming, View Music Videos, Join Fan Clubs, Share with Friends, Be Discovered and Much More For Free! - midomi.com

I tried it but giving a long list of songs to choose. You have to listen all one by one to arrive at your choice, if you are totaly unaware about song. Unfortunately, I couldnt find my actual song in entire list though it is an English Song. Thanx for nice efforts

shazam works pretty well..It gets me right matches 99% of the time, and the times it does not, it gets no match at all (of course, shazam works only for music playback alone, and not for humming/singing, but comes amazingly handy when you are sittingin a pub and hear a great track which you really really need to grab at home too)

Midomi hardly, if ever gets me correct results though that could be due to the fact that I am a terrible singer :p

Back