Selling-fee on ebay

Kilroyquasar

4 seconds, inhale; 4 seconds, exhale.
Skilled
Hello!

am registered with ebay as a seller since some time, however, i have never sold anything on it. had indeed listed an item for sale on it long back, but the listing ended without it being sold on ebay (i sold it on TE itself!). now i wish to sell my used camera on it, and want to know how much will i be charged for it. had read a little about that on ebay itself, but got bored & confused, hence seek a simple and lucid reply here!! :p

thanks!

There are two major components, Final Value Fee and Paisapay Fee. The FVF varies depending on the category of the item whereas Paisapay fee is fixed.

For camera FVF - 1%+tax
Paisapay Fee - 4.5%+tax

Total - 6.18% incl tax

http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/paisapay-policy-fees.html

http://pages.ebay.in/help/account/fees.html

aha! reply from the expert himself! :rolleyes:

thanks a lot varkey! so that means i should price the product accordingly (ie, plus 6.2%), isn't it?!

thanks a lot everyone! i have created the listing accordingly. no 'insertion fee' has been charged. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1374513398][/DOUBLEPOST]
Isn't the fee waived off for the first few items you sell?

if am correct, that's the 'insertion fee' that is waived off for the first 50 items listed by a seller.[DOUBLEPOST=1374514977][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry, but forgot to ask one thing. i had listed the camera for a fellow TE-member. it's a local pick-up. however, while creating the listing in haste, i chose shipping option (for 100/-). now am needed to fill in the details of shipping. should i put in some random docket no.?! or, when he confirms the receipt of the item, i will be relieved of filling the shipping-info?!

Yep, the insertion fee is waived off for the first 50 or so listings. The insertion fee is just 2-3 Rs per listing anyway. ;)

@Kilroyquasar : Has the buyer purchased it already? If not you can edit it even now.
If you selected the shipping option you need to enter a valid shipping info. The buyer can confirm item receipt only once you enter the details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, the insertion fee is waived off for the first 50 or so listings. The insertion fee is just 2-3 Rs per listing anyway. ;)

@Kilroyquasar : Has the buyer purchased it already? If not you can edit it even now.
If you selected the shipping option you need to enter a valid shipping info. The buyer can confirm item receipt only once you enter the details.

yes, he has purchased it. before i could apprise him of my goof-up, he had placed the order.
anyway, he has picked up the parcel now (it was meant for pick-up; buyer had insisted to use his CC, hence i had to list the product on ebay. choosing 'local pick-up' as option on ebay was throwing up error, hence had to choose shipping, and this is where i had made the mistake of choosing 'shipping for 100/-', rather than choosing 'free shipping' option in haste). i have refunded to him 100/- for the non-existent shipping. also, have provided a random docket no. of Mumbai DTDC as shipping-details on ebay for the supposed 'parcel'. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1374596987][/DOUBLEPOST]@varkey - could you please tell me how much time does it take for amount of the paid item to credit into the seller's bank account? buyer has confirmed the receipt of item, and left feedback for me. but i didn't get any message from my bank regarding crediting of the said amount to my account.

as per what i just read on ebay, it takes around 1-3 days for the amount to be credited to the seller's bank-a/c from his paisapay-a/c.

UPDATE: alright. found the issue. paisapay showed me that the buyer hadn't confirmed the receipt of the item, and had just left the feedback. i messaged him, and he promptly did the required (he's a fairly new member on ebay, and ebay can get confusing). i instantly saw that the item's receipt was confirmed in paisapay.
moreover, this is what i found about paisapay from one of ebay's pages:

'For payments made via PaisaPay, after the shipping details have been entered with in 5 days of ourchase, the buyer receives the item within 7 days of shipping and confirms to PaisaPay that the item was delivered. PaisaPay then transfers the payment to the bank account regsitered with your PaisaPay account, on the closest remittance cycle i.e. on Monday or Thursday.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Back