Car & Bike Service Tax on card transactions but not cash?

vivek.krishnan

BLR~ZRS-TX-1-MX
Skilled
Petrol pumps in Andheri are charging ST on digital payments, but not on cash. The irony is that the ST is coming on the full amount, not on surcharge.

Does anyone have any idea about this?

Are you referring to the 2.5% surcharge+ ST on card payments?

What's this service tax at petrol pumps for filing petrol ?

Yesterday ICICI bank sent me an email saying

Your trips are now going to get more rewarding with every refuel. To promote digital payments for fuel transactions, the Government of India on December 8, 2016, has proposed to give a 0.75% discount on the total transaction value.

Use your ICICI Bank Credit or Debit Card to purchase petrol or diesel and avail this benefit. The refund amount will be directly credited back to your account.

What i want to know is bottom line, if i fill say 1k of petrol via card, do i end up spending Rs. 992.5 or something like Rs. 1025.

Yesterday ICICI bank sent me an email saying

What i want to know is bottom line, if i fill say 1k of petrol via card, do i end up spending Rs. 992.5 or something like Rs. 1025.

1025 I guess. Plus additional extra ST[DOUBLEPOST=1488113440][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you referring to the 2.5% surcharge+ ST on card payments?

What's this service tax at petrol pumps for filing petrol ?

Yes, but when they calculate, it seems they do on full value. For 1K of petrol, he was charged something like 1050. And 25 as surcharge refund.

I filled diesel worth 2100/- using my ICICI CC on HP Fuel pump in Delhi ( ICICI waves off surcharge) last week and got Cashback of 15.75/- as 0.75% cashless promo from ICICI.
Total 2084.25/-.
Surcharge would be there on other fuel pumps than HP as they only wave of surcharge for ICICI.

Cashless my foot. I don't know when RBI will clamp down on these banks who force customers to fill a min of ₹401 petrol at bunks & at their own bank's POS or els face the 2.5% surcharge + service tax.

This is like extortion.[DOUBLEPOST=1488122485][/DOUBLEPOST]
Surcharge would be there on other fuel pumps than HP as they only wave of surcharge for ICICI.
Min ₹401 fuel. :|

Back