shall i wait for PS4 slim ?

psybronik

Disciple
Hello Guys,

as the heading says, should i buy a ps4 now or should i wait for ps4 slim which is rumored to release around September ?

Also i'm getting a ps4 from grey market for around 27k but without warranty, you think its safe to buy it ?

i'm from mumbai. if anybody can suggest me a good store to bus ps4 from here in mumbai would be of great help.

I got mine from a store at Mira rd for the same price in around Mar-Apr (1TB, CUH-12XX). working fine.
cant comment on PS4 slim.

27k is not a good price at all for a PS4 without warranty. Wait till the PS4 neo is announced, if you can't afford that, at least the PS4 price should be slashed in India. If you can get it imported from US, PS4 are going for $299 with a game now.

I got mine from a store at Mira rd for the same price in around Mar-Apr (1TB, CUH-12XX). working fine.
cant comment on PS4 slim.
was it with warranty ?
can you pm the store address bro ?

would appreciate it

27k is not a good price at all for a PS4 without warranty. Wait till the PS4 neo is announced, if you can't afford that, at least the PS4 price should be slashed in India. If you can get it imported from US, PS4 are going for $299 with a game now.
do you think ps4k aka neo is worth it ? provided that i will only play games at 1080p ? the ps4 slim and ps4k will be released late sept if rumors are to be believed.
i have checked on ebay global and nothing was below 36k. also if i import from usa, will there be a custom issue ?

I though deem it almost fair price for the 1tb console (~10-11k less than 'warrantied' Indian-counterpart). first preference I had given to getting the console either from the US or dubai through friends, but they couldn't bring it. later I looked for the console (12xx version) at multiple places abroad (excluding US), and they could offer only the 11xx or 10xx models, at nearabout the same price or a couple more. only at one place (in Singapore) could I find a 12xx 1tb console for about 25k INR IIRC, but couldn't purchase due to some reasons and had to postpone it. later requested the above-mentioned seller to get one for me when he went abroad or get it through someone else, and he arranged for it somehow soon.

do you think ps4k aka neo is worth it ? provided that i will only play games at 1080p ? the ps4 slim and ps4k will be released late sept if rumors are to be believed.
i have checked on ebay global and nothing was below 36k. also if i import from usa, will there be a custom issue ?
I think there is going to be only one version - PS4 Neo with 4k gaming capability. While you may not need 4k gaming, it also means that existing games and newer games should run much smoother and at higher fps with PS4 Neo as the GPU performance is said to be 2.5x of the current GPU. So this means the graphics will be much better for newer games as well as proper 1080p 60 fps gaming can now be possible. As for the pricing, I have no clue. But either way, you either get a much better capable console or get the current PS4 at cheaper price when Neo is launched.
When I said about importing, I meant getting it via a friend or someone you know, so they can get it at approx 20k and without any customs.

Last edited:
I think there is going to be only one version - PS4 Neo with 4k gaming capability. While you may not need 4k gaming, it also means that existing games and newer games should run much smoother and at higher fps with PS4 Neo as the GPU is said to be 2.5x of the current GPU. So this means the graphics will be much better for newer games as well as proper 1080p 60 fps gaming can now be possible. As for the pricing, I have no clue. But either way, you either get a much better capable console or get the current PS4 at cheaper price when Neo is launched.
When I said about importing, I meant getting it via a friend or someone you know, so they can get it at approx 20k and without any customs.
i guess i should wait till neo hits the market

Back