Shiv Sena Attacks IBN Offices in Mumbai, Pune

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Elite
These all shiv sena people should be shot in the head. WTF is going on. And that chief minister says 'we fcking condemn the attack'. A$$holes
Why don't just put each and every sainik in saaza-e-kaala paani. :mad::mad:

Mumbai: A group of 20-25 Shiv Sena activists attacked journalists and damaged property at the offices of IBN7 and IBN Lokmat, the Hindi and Marathi news channels of the IBN Network, in north-east Mumbai’s Vikhroli on Friday.

Several IBN Network journalists and other employees were beaten up and their clothes torn by the group. The attackers barged into the office at around 1600 hrs IST and told employees that they would not accept reports criticizing the Shiv Sena.

Armed with sticks and bats, the attackers damaged furniture and fittings, glass partitions, OB (outdoor broadcasting) vans and electronic equipment. The Mumbai Police claimed they have arrested seven Shiv Sena workers for the attack.

Eight alleged Shiv Sena workers were arrested in Pune for damaging an IBN7 OB van and pelting stones at the channel’s office in the city.

Sandeep Chavan, a journalist with IBN Lokmat, said the attackers in Mumbai told employees they were looking for Nikhil Wagle, editor-in-chief of IBN Lokmat, and wanted to “teach him a lessonâ€. Chavan said the attackers were armed with iron rods, baseball bats and cricket wickets.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan told Network18 the attackers will be punished.

“We had no idea that such a thing was going to happen. Whoever is responsible for this will be severely dealt with. Nobody has the right to assault journalists,†said the Chief Minister.

“You will see action soon,†Ashok Chavan told Network18.

Senior journalist Kumar Ketkar, whose house was attacked by Shiv Sena activists in January 2008, said political organisations attacked the media and others because they felt they can get away with it.

“This must be condemned by the entire media. Political institutions and the government of Maharashtra should be held responsible for stopping such acts,†said Ketkar, executive editor of Marathi daily Loksatta.

The reason for the attacks is still not clear. The two channels had taken a tough stand against intolerant politics in the state. IBN Lokmat, the number one Marathi channel, has been vocal against the violence in the name of Marathi pride being witnessed in Maharashtra.
Source

Are their any chances of SS being made to pay for damage...via court case?

I mean open and shut case of type as its obvious who is culprit

Its private property damage......Shouldnt there be similar strict law as now being fined for public property?

The news will die down in a day or two.... No case, no nothing. Will happen again in a few months, no case, nothing :p

seriously sucks .:( these hooligans have been crossing their limits and sad part is nothing is being done .

This has probably got to do with the CNN IBN campaign for support to rahul bhatt, the famous buddy of david headly aka dawood gilani.

broadway said:
This has probably got to do with the CNN IBN campaign for support to rahul bhatt, the famous buddy of david headly aka dawood gilani.

Nope target was IBN lokmat on its some campaign against bal thackeray...

raksrules said:
This impotent government cannot do anything. :mad:

Red Tape bureaucrats.

Yup... They themselves are no clean

I voted for them...I wasnt born but i know about the riots which happened after Indira gandhis dead...

all know the culprit

The problem is constitution ...why are the hooligans not charged for a period which damages there career or life.....All of fence are bailable

broadway said:
Really? Any Source?

Sanjay raut(i guess i m taking correct name of the spokesperson..) said if again they insult balasaheb again they will hit them

Btw a simple google result fetch me this

Shiv Sainiks attacked IBN Network offices in Mumbai, Pune | ummid.com

Atleast i m happy saw the staff attacking the goons when they hit their editor Nikhil wagle and caught 5 goons....

At least someone saw couraged but sure this guys who came in front their life will be ruined

ALso see the constitution doesnt banned(SS/MNS/COngress/BJP/others) them from taking parts in any election or doesnt give common men this power to press case on such stuff.......

^ Hmm, 5 goons got caught.. Nikhil Wagle was on the hit for sure, he makes very flammy statements which are true.. When goons tried to attack him, some of staff members came forward and started attacking on those goons, that was courage of them.

The guys who came in front of SS goons will have no effect on their life because these goons are very stupid they don't even see face while doing such stupid things.. :mad:

Sanjay Raut said, every Maharashtrian will support SS for this activity.. BUT THE REALITY IS DIFFERENT, not only Marathi but every Indian is against such a shameless activity by Shiv Sena.. :no:

i dont understand one thing... if SS is voted out in election, then what makes SR think every maharashtrian (or even marathi) would support SS for this?

someone please cut their pot supply.

these guys should be shot dead / beaten to death in public ! , then claim that we did for self defense .

Even one should carry or hide a hockey stick or base ball bat at their desk , and start attacking as soon as they see these morons in streets or near there offices .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back