Shopclues - Feedback Thread

I ordered a garment steamer on sc last week of march. Product was DOA.

Product was reverse picked up in 3 days but then the horror story starts. They updated as being dispatched to seller for verification.

In mean time, I mailed them I don't want the product but replacement. No response. After 15 days, I get a mail they have sent a replacement. The tracking number was invalid. After numerous mails, they wrote back saying it takes 14 working days for replacement to be delivered. What crap.

Even after 20 days, no product and tracking number was invalid. Mailed them, called,them but nothing.

Finally had to take the Fb/ twitter way wherein I got the refund.

All in all, poor ASS. Virtually, non existent.

They are still referring to the seller for my case. I think they have no common sense - and trust the words of the seller!. Have spoken to a friend about a consumer complaint - Just not finding the time to do it.

All I can say is - Once you get scammed - maybe its a one off case, cant say. But twice, and that too consecutively, that means something dark is afoot. Shopclues is to be avoided. Once I get my money back - closing the account. Nor do I want their emails, nor their deals.

Latest another horrifying experience with shopclues :

Ordered an umbrella for 150/- from their cracker deals.

The umbrella I got was worst possible quality and the stitching was already coming off. It's bound to seep rain water inside.

Complained to their cc who replied the seller says its standard quality and they cannot do anything about it. After, a strong mail they said they cannot repick the item and all they can do is give 50 clues bucks.

Don't have time to fight so accepted their ridiculous offer. But stay away from shopclues however attractive their deals may be.

Since the topic is about SC, Here is my experience.

Shopclues is one hell of nuisance. I ordered trimmer on 2nd and yet it is stuck at Delhi.
Timeline:
- Order on 2nd DEC 16:20
- Got a mail on 4th DEC confirming the order
- Called up SC to confirm the order on 6th DEC, They said they just received payment from Gateway. :mad:
- Tracked Shipment status on DTDC on 7th DEC, It shows It was just picked up..
- 9th DEC, Today the Same status.

I Swear to God, I will never ever shop with this nonsense site.
This site is literally shit. @vivek.krishnan Even i'm planning to delete my account. :p

If its a small amount then you can take the risk , it depends on the seller because shopclues is just like ebay but unlike ebay their customer care is pathetic, i needed refund for a damaged item , they responded after 15 days & initiated refund process after one month of my request .

two-three months back, a friend of mine too had placed an order with them for some item, which was 'in stock' as per their website. a few days later, was informed that its out of stock, and we would refund. it would take many days of communication, and finally crying hoarse over their FB-page by my friend to get the refund. since then, i have been seeing similar complaints about them (as well as for snapdeal, though i had a good experience with them). seems they are on a downward spiral?!

Good for buying things < 1000.
The CMO of sales of that site doesn't care shit about Product Listing. I have seen some funny things, Product price: 99 and delivery charges: 199. :D
I Recently ordered a product which luckily got delivered in 10days :p

Bought 2 pendrives(Sandisk Blade 16gb) from them and that arrived within a week... so no complaints. I had to shell out 490 or something for each.

I buy stuff ~500 or less. Sometimes they would use Indiaontime courier, which makes my experience even better. The delivery guy would refuse to come up the stairs to my floor.

Beware of buying high price items here.. I purchased a microwave but received it dented. Finally, after 4 weeks, received a replacement but that was dented again. Not its been 4 more weeks and I am waiting for a refund. Had also ordered a Toshiba 47RW1Z LED TV but received a refurbished or a display piece. Its been 6 week and I am I am waiting for a refund since they did not have brand new model for replacement..

I ordered Micro USB Port Data Cable on 24th November, the consignment was supposed to be deliver by 28th November via DTDC. until now, i haven't received it yet and the status on DTDC site still shows In Transit.

I still did not get my refund for the fake microSD card, so beware of purchasing from anyone with less than 100 ratings, you could be taken for a ride.

Will go to consumer court next month when free. Too much work+many tours, not much time at home :(

They are still referring to the seller for my case. I think they have no common sense - and trust the words of the seller!. Have spoken to a friend about a consumer complaint - Just not finding the time to do it.

All I can say is - Once you get scammed - maybe its a one off case, cant say. But twice, and that too consecutively, that means something dark is afoot. Shopclues is to be avoided. Once I get my money back - closing the account. Nor do I want their emails, nor their deals.

i was just about to write a similar thing. seeing so many complaints one after the other, it strongly creates a suspicion in my mind that shi*clues may be actually an umbrella portal for some scamster organisation involved in some nefarious activities withholding people's money. what kind?! i don't know and can't say, but there is certainly something sinister going on. comes under the purview of whom?! cyber-crime, EOW, anti-terror cells, IB...?! long shot maybe; esp. it would've already been under the scanner of the latter if it would've been that serious, but we don't know, yet!

Last edited:
Back