Should I buy BenQ W1210ST or not ?

Hey Guys !

Need you help & advice with buying a projector.

I'm moving to Sweden & wondering should i carry my 55" LED Samsung or buy a new projector (as i foresee me shifting placed in Sweden often, so i want to be mobile).

Currently i have a deal wherein I'm getting Benq W1210ST (with free Xbox one S) for USD 1200 from Middle east (where I reside currently).

My question is - Should i buy Benq W1210 & take it with me ? Is it worth the money ?

OR

Should i go to sweden & buy a projector / LED from there. Just to give a price idea Benq W2000 costs 1050 USD - 1100 USD there.

My main usage will be to play games & watch movies. The room may have light (as i'm not sure what kind of apartment i end up living in).

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Cheers !

Go with which ever is cheaper in the local area you are about to reside.

Buying anything abroad and lugging it around with you and that too its fragile electrical components is not good at all.

BenQ W1210ST is costing some 70K in India. So it's almost available for $1100. Better to buy locally.

@op It depends on your convenience. If you're okay with travelling with luggage, get it from middle east. Or else get it in sweden. I advise you to buy it in sweden tbh. Travelling with electronics is a drag

Hey Guys !

Need you help & advice with buying a projector.

I'm moving to Sweden & wondering should i carry my 55" LED Samsung or buy a new projector (as i foresee me shifting placed in Sweden often, so i want to be mobile).

Currently i have a deal wherein I'm getting Benq W1210ST (with free Xbox one S) for USD 1200 from Middle east (where I reside currently).

My question is - Should i buy Benq W1210 & take it with me ? Is it worth the money ?

OR

Should i go to sweden & buy a projector / LED from there. Just to give a price idea Benq W2000 costs 1050 USD - 1100 USD there.

My main usage will be to play games & watch movies. The room may have light (as i'm not sure what kind of apartment i end up living in).

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Cheers !

W1210 has a better faster response time than W2000, it'd be good for gaming. Its a DLP projector not known for its brightness level. If you can't get the room adequately dark its not worth getting either of the two. Is there any specific reason to go for Short Throw projector instead of the regular throw?

Other options include optoma HD 37 ( has a vertical lens shift) and GT1080 (hopefully I'm correct with the model numbers ) which are DLP but better brightness levels and one is advertised as a gaming projector.

Epson 6300 is a 3LCD projector with better brightness levels than DLP projectors Plus rainbow artifacts will be absent. The gray market prices are as good as American prices. There's no great price advantage of buying overseas, unluckily if you were to be charged customs it will be anywhere from 28 - 41% of the Indian price of the product. Considering all issues and fragility of the item I'd advice you against getting a projector from abroad.

Go with which ever is cheaper in the local area you are about to reside.

Buying anything abroad and lugging it around with you and that too its fragile electrical components is not good at all.

BenQ W1210ST is costing some 70K in India. So it's almost available for $1100. Better to buy locally.

You are right, these things are fragile & we know how badly the luggage is handled !

@op It depends on your convenience. If you're okay with travelling with luggage, get it from middle east. Or else get it in sweden. I advise you to buy it in sweden tbh. Travelling with electronics is a drag

I think i will go buy in Sweden itself given the risk & warranty parameters.

W1210 has a better faster response time than W2000, it'd be good for gaming. Its a DLP projector not known for its brightness level. If you can't get the room adequately dark its not worth getting either of the two. Is there any specific reason to go for Short Throw projector instead of the regular throw?

Other options include optoma HD 37 ( has a vertical lens shift) and GT1080 (hopefully I'm correct with the model numbers ) which are DLP but better brightness levels and one is advertised as a gaming projector.

Epson 6300 is a 3LCD projector with better brightness levels than DLP projectors Plus rainbow artifacts will be absent. The gray market prices are as good as American prices. There's no great price advantage of buying overseas, unluckily if you were to be charged customs it will be anywhere from 28 - 41% of the Indian price of the product. Considering all issues and fragility of the item I'd advice you against getting a projector from abroad.

What is your take on 55" 4K HDR LED ? I have been reading reviews & looks like 4K is finally picking up. Though it will never give you the feel of 110", but again we get 4K vs a 1080p.

However, there is convenience with a ST projector, you can just put it literally anywhere & fire it up. Even if i need to shift places in Sweden, carrying a projector is much easier than a 55" TV !

Regarding the rainbow effect, i think i'm not susceptible as i have HT 1075 & W 1090 currently in India setup, hence rainbow should not be a problem.

Now the decision is between 4K 55" LED vs 1080p Projector (irrespective will be bought from Sweden).

Cheers !

Back