Should I buy Motorola Atrix for 8K?

paarkhi

Skilled
Should I buy Motorola Atrix

I have a friend who is planning to purchase a new mobile and presently has a Motorola Atrix (16GB AT&T Unlocked) which is going to sell, the phone is in good condition, I want to know whether should I buy it or not? I presently have Spice MI-410 which I plan to sell it away then...

Positives compared to my present phone are
* Bigger Battery (1930mAH vs 1400mAH)
* Sharp or much better Display (16M vs 256K)
* Dual Core
* RAM (1GB vs 356mb)
and may be more which I may not be able to think right now

Lastly to compare features, here's a gsmarena spec sheet

I think this is a good deal but want to hear your thoughts on this...
Need input from some present Motorola Atrix users....
Thanks all for reading this

That is a fantastic price for a brilliant phone.
Only the display is pentile, and i think that is one of the reason for it to be giving very good battery back up.
Camera is good-ish. Outdoor shots are good, but the indoor ones need to taken with the flash + with some ambient light. If taken purely with its yellowish LED flash, they give a bit off beat look. The non HD display and the camera in dark surroundings w/o the ambient light are the only 2 disadvantages which i found out.

Once u fiddle with it, and install the roms.. it really becomes an eye candy which many will envy. And esp at the price of 8k.

For 8k??

Listen buddy, just yesterday Motorola Atrix received a Cyanogen Mod 10 port (Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean).

You know what I'm saying.

TAKE IT!
Yes, I know about that port and I'm keeping an eye on the thread,
He's still planning and deciding which phone to go and then when he sells he'll sell it to me, may take a month, I asked because I need to confirm him that I'll take it. Thanks both for your replies but would also like to hear from others...

kuduku, wasn't even knowing about cowboom and through you I saw the listing so you got a like :) and it's not only in the last post I mentioned about my friend, its all in the first post itself
It comes to 8.2k from cowboom . Somebody i know wanted photon which was last week at same price with 180+ sets , but then they increased it to $220 . cowboom is a good place to buy sets only after seeing the pics and product condition is dot on from their warehouse at Chino . The flower mound guys are known to inflate the grading . But best of luck for you purchase from friend . Its a good phone and i must not have read it correctly about your friend thing . The moment i read it at 8k thought would be cowboom . US Ebayers purchase from cowboom for cheap and dispose it at ebay for good profit . The only hassle Indian CC doesnt work at cowboom otherwise i would had changed sets every month and dispose the old one for good money ......

I suggest you 2 options,

1.Get this beauty
Else
2.Sell this beauty to me.

Some thing to consider,
1.It's far more better than the spice with more dev support.
2.better battery backup
3.1gb ram and qhd display
4.and most importantly a 8k 2nd hand phone doesn't have these feature.

I have a Motorola Atrix and if u ask me the prize i'd sell my phone( which i would never) it would be 15k as now the dollar rates have increased. i got my phone when USD was 44 ,now it is 55. This increses the cost of my phone. ;)

It has the MVF( most valuable feature :hail:) the biometric fingerprint reader. What other phone from an awesome company has it. It has high class screen quality. Amazing clarity. speed is really good and the voice clarity is also good. Calls hardly drop( no wonder IAF use motorola walky talkies)

GO FOR IT!!
and do ask him why is he selling it so cheap. no atrix user would (IMO)!!!!

Atrix or Atrix 2?
it's Atrix

I have a Motorola Atrix and if u ask me the prize i'd sell my phone( which i would never) it would be 15k as now the dollar rates have increased. i got my phone when USD was 44 ,now it is 55. This increses the cost of my phone. ;)
It has the MVF( most valuable feature :hail:) the biometric fingerprint reader. What other phone from an awesome company has it. It has high class screen quality. Amazing clarity. speed is really good and the voice clarity is also good. Calls hardly drop( no wonder IAF use motorola walky talkies)

GO FOR IT!!
and do ask him why is he selling it so cheap. no atrix user would (IMO)!!!!
Actually he wants official ICS or Jelly Beans and that is not possible on Atrix and he doesn't care much about money (he has plenty of it and being a friend he is giving me in cheap)

ICS in Q3

it's Atrix

Actually he wants official ICS or Jelly Beans and that is not possible on Atrix and he doesn't care much about money (he has plenty of it and being a friend he is giving me in cheap)

The ICS will be officially available in Q3 of this year but i am pretty sure moto guys would not develop jelly bean for this device( even though it would run perfectly) as moto guys cried for the ICS update itself.

Anyway , you can enjoy the ICS!!

So, have you got it.
If you are not interested, sell it to me.
Answer for your question is already posted above but quoting again for your convinience
He's still planning and deciding which phone to go and then when he sells he'll sell it to me, may take a month.
The ICS will be officially available in Q3 of this year but i am pretty sure moto guys would not develop jelly bean for this device( even though it would run perfectly) as moto guys cried for the ICS update itself.
Anyway , you can enjoy the ICS!!
Let's see when it comes :)
Edit: He is waiting for Samsung GS3 to be updated on JB officially then he says he'll go for SGS3... then he'll sell his phone

Back