Should I go for HTC One V

1. Q: Budget?

A: 18k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: whichever is better

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Samsung, HTC or SE.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: not important.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G, WiFi.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: mails, internet, apps and games.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Should be able to run without lag

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: HTC One V

I am thinking about HTC One V. Do you people have any other suggestions in the same budget?

Thanks.

Xperia Sola and Motorola Atrix 2 is out of my budget. I don't get the point in buying Xperia Sola, because it does not have ICS and the body is made of plastic. While the HTC One V is of metallic unibody and has ICS. Agree that the Sola has dual core, but that's the only plus point I see in Sola.

wt about desire S ??
It will get ICS according to HTC upgrade raod map. Sturdy built and gud luks plus better specs than One v. It has more ram and front facing cam too.
Best buy : Saholic at 15990.

Xperia Sola and Motorola Atrix 2 is out of my budget. I don't get the point in buying Xperia Sola, because it does not have ICS and the body is made of plastic. While the HTC One V is of metallic unibody and has ICS. Agree that the Sola has dual core, but that's the only plus point I see in Sola.

And that is a huge plus considering you will be using the phone for a while.
Also the ICS update for the nxt series should roll out in a couple of months.

Xperia Sola feels solid and has rubberish feel from the back, similar to HP soft touch imprint. Btw what will you do of the meta when you don't have the performance.

ICS for sola will be out in early -mid july. One V is sluggish and camera though has good quality lags while capturing images. Increase your budget a bit and grab the sola.

^^Its already announced that Sola, U and P will get update. Do you really think Sony will leave Sola out of update list given they are providing updates to handsets which are nearly 2 generation old now ?

first i also thought the htc one v is a good ph but after reading reviews i am waiting for good alternative
xperia sola is far better than htc one v (htc gave it a good build but stripped down the hardware:bleh: so my vote goes for sola )

I tried out Xperia Sola yesterday - it feels solid and I feel it's better than HTC One V looks wise. My only problem is it has a 1320mAH battery and that doesnt seem much for a medium usage and that too on a dual core processor! Anyway, I'll wait for the gsmarena review before going for it!!

Back