Less than 10K Should I preorder Lava Iris 406Q

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi

Looking to buy a sub 10K phone for my daughter. Her 1st phone & she's studying in the 8th Standard.

I just came across the Lava Iris 406Q preorder on FK for Rs 6999/-

These are what I think the positives

PRICE .... PRICE ... PRICE ..... Woaaaaahhhhhh (Excellent methinks) bcoz nowhere is a phone available with comparible features at this pricepoint
4" IPS Display (do not want anything larger than this for my kiddo)
Android 4.3 ..... upgradable to Kit Kat
1GB RAM + 4GB ROM
Quadcore ... 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon with Adreno 302
5MP cam & 1080p Full HD recording

And these are some of my concerns

1700 mAh battery ..... (should have packed in 2000 mAh lol)
Would the price change after its launch .... expected next week ?

LAVA - Dunno anything about it ? Are there any Lava brand users on TE ......hello !!

Lava service centers are in the vicinity ... Andheri-East

Lemme know your honest opinions.

Thanks
Terry

The phone seems very good for its price. You should go for it. Battery would be a concern, but moderate/light usage should make it last a day.

Some Lava reviews here: http://www.mouthshut.com/category/Lava-Mobile-Phones_reviews-925599462.html

Thanks.... Now this has got me worried even more as more than 80% of the above reviews on MS are negative.

Any options in Micromax ...... ??

What do I do .... I am willing to take the risk, trouble is I have never had any luck with phones lasting me longer than 3-4 years before they go kaput ! My experience with HTC was the worst .... that particular phone "Wildfire Desire S" conked out within a month.[DOUBLEPOST=1397668030][/DOUBLEPOST]
as far as i can see, the phone is great for the price. Only thing is the Lava brand name.

Haanji .... Lava lava .... lava

It could turn out to be a "Hit or Miss" ....lol

Thanks.... Now this has got me worried even more as more than 80% of the above reviews on MS are negative.

Any options in Micromax ...... ??

What do I do .... I am willing to take the risk, trouble is I have never had any luck with phones lasting me longer than 3-4 years before they go kaput ! My experience with HTC was the worst .... that particular phone "Wildfire Desire S" conked out within a month.[DOUBLEPOST=1397668030][/DOUBLEPOST]

Haanji .... Lava lava .... lava

It could turn out to be a "Hit or Miss" ....lol

Micromax / Lava et al are Chinese phone rebranders, so the hit-and-miss element will always be there. To keep up with the low pricing, compromises are made. AFAIK they send the device back to China for RMA so A.S.S will be an issue too. But this model has great specs+great price. At Rs. 7000, you can treat the phone without warranty and going by the current trend, better spec'ed phones crop up in 3-4 months time at the same price point. It should work lag free for normal usage given the solid specs. And Lava has this doorstep pickup for RMA policy too.

FK has this offer going on currently: Shop on the Flipkart App and get Rs.150 off on orders above Rs.2000. So you will end up with some more saving.

Last edited:
Back