[SHOW-OFF] Artwork-Design

Thanks a lot for the feedback, constructive criticism is always welcome.

The 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th weren't really made to have focals, the ones who requested them weren't fans of renders. They wanted more...depth? in their sigs. Like a story.

gangs20003 said:
Thanks a lot for the feedback, constructive criticism is always welcome.

The 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th weren't really made to have focals, the ones who requested them weren't fans of renders. They wanted more...depth? in their sigs. Like a story.
Hmmm... If that's what the recepient asks for, that's what you give 'em.

I'm a beginner myself, & do not always get it right [which you can judge by the sigs posted in this thread earlier], but just some pointers regarding text which may help you-
Blend the text as well; Keep one primary focal & build others around it - [your text seems to be competing with the render for attention, since it is as prominent & not blended in]; The text placement also draws attention away from the render.

Try to make the sig appear as a coherent whole. A sig is different from a movie poster [I realised this much later] & hence blend, blend, blend. The latter can have prominent text, the render appearing cut out etc., but not the former.

HTH. Again, just my humble opinion.

kidrow said:

I'm a beginner myself, & do not always get it right [which you can judge by the sigs posted in this thread earlier], but just some pointers regarding text which may help you-

Blend the text as well; Keep one primary focal & build others around it - [your text seems to be competing with the render for attention, since it is as prominent & not blended in]; The text placement also draws attention away from the render.

Try to make the sig appear as a coherent whole. A sig is different from a movie poster [I realised this much later] & hence blend, blend, blend. The latter can have prominent text, the render appearing cut out etc., but not the former.

And again, your criticism and suggestions are highly appreciated, god knows i could use some. :)

I get where you're coming from with the blending, your current sig has very well placed/blended type. I'll incorporate it into my next sig...or i'll try at least, dunno how good it'l look.

Some random Logos and icons I made :

Note

Notes.png

App Icon

ape-shit.png

Pepsi

pepsi.png

Cloudapp Logo

I_just_love_Cloudapp.png

DVD and Record Button

Icons_I_made._You_can_download_them_for_free.png

OSX Folder Icon

OSX.png

kidrow said:

You guys seem to be interposing multiple layers? Blending text will cause them to loose sharpness right? especially when you make sigs for the TE with their comp setups is blending a good option? The berserker one is great and simple but the others are way too artistic.. awesome for posters but not sigs.. forgive my saying these things. I am also in the process of learning:)

Back