Audio Shure SE215 (7k) and Soundmagic ES18 (700 bucks) sounds similar ??

Hi,
I was using SM ES18 till now and bought SHURE SE215 today .
I used it with my OnePllus mobile and google music app . Listened to the same songs and it sounds exactly the same ??

Is there anything I should tune or know about? I usually download songs and save it my mp3 format.
Is there any bitrate or format I should download the song from to get the max. quality that SHURE SE215 can offer?
700/- and 7000/- earphones sounds the same? It's not supposed to right?

128bit rate is usual standard for any mp3 file along with a constant bitrate in place of variable.

Tweak your equalizers to get the desired output.

Or may be you got the fake ones.

try n get the best audio files available for your music, dont go below 320kbps, also try n use it with another phone / proper mp3 player (digital audio player)
the one plus one aside from being a weak source is also very unforgiving to bad source files.

128bit rate is usual standard for any mp3 file along with a constant bitrate in place of variable.

Tweak your equalizers to get the desired output.

Or may be you got the fake ones.

used 320kbps only. It's similar to soudmagic ES18 which costs only 700/-. Expected a lot more for 7k. Got it from Amazon. How can it be fake?

Use a 320 kbps mp3 or a flac file.

Allow some time for burn in

If neither works, its possible your ears just aren't sensitive enough. Mine aren't so I don't bother with expensive earphones/headphones.

In addition to the suggestions above, you should also try some more demanding tracks (i.e. tracks that are generally used by audiophiles to separate the wheat from the chaff.).

The oneplus phones have a crappy SQ. The files are not the problem here. You might want to consider getting a better portable music player.

Back