Storage Solutions Silicon Power 1TB NVMe (SP001TBP34A80M28) Write Speed Issue

adikumar2010

Disciple
I ran some benchmarks and I am getting very low write Seq. Q32T1 speed from few weeks in crystal disk mark. Originally Seq. Q32T1 write speed was always above 3000mbps when I bought it last year which is the advertised speed by company.

I am not sure what could be the issue. Maybe the SSD is fried ? Does anyone know?

Original Benchmark from last year:
old.png

Recent Bechmark :
New.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could send the SSD for RMA but problem is I don't want to reinstall everything. I have 2 external HDD lying around. So I can clone full disk image of my SSD into a USB HDD then when I get it back I can restore image on it. Can anyone let me know good software to do that.

Also I think first I need to create image of SSD onto an external HDD and then when I get it back I will have to install Windows on another spare HDD so I can restore that image back to the replaced SSD. It's very long and tedious process. Let me know if there is any easier method. I am not sure if its possible to restore the cloned image without installing any OS.

How much data is on the ssd? Many ssd slow down when more data is stored so try back up and clear ssd as much as you can and then run the speed test again?

Read speed is fine, the slow write speed is a classic indicator that the drive is having to erase blocks before writing. TRIM IT !

1596628567984.png

Trim is already enabled.

I also ran this command in powershell :

Optimize-Volume -DriveLetter YourDriveLetter -ReTrim -Verbose

But still the same slow speed in benchmark

You will have to run a manual garbage collection on it most probably.

I had a similar problem with my 840 evo (globally known issue). What i did was image the ssd partitions to another hdd, and then restored the images back and it was normal speed again.
Post automatically merged:

I use an ancient symantec ghost running under dos installed on a bootable flash drive for imaging. I am not sure if it will work for gpt disks. works perfectly fine for mbr disks. fastest way to backup and restore images without having to boot into a gui OS.
Post automatically merged:

i'm not sure how to run manual GC on your drive. A secure erase is a sure shot method, but you will first have to work out a way to image your drives and restore them after the secure erase is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ancient Symantec Ghost is my preferred tool since 20yrs and it still works wonderfully on any disks thrown at it...

ghost 13? i'm not sure if that's the version on my boot disk or ghost 2003. too lazy to boot it and find out !

have you ever tried it on a gpt disk?

Back