sim city societies anyone?

Safin

Skilled
Anyone on TE played the new sim city yet.

After a long long wait and some rave pre reviews by the NYT(Be an Eco Sinner or Saint in the New SimCity - Bits - Technology - New York Times Blog , Will Games Impact Surpass Inconvenient Truth? - Dot Earth - Climate Change and Sustainability - New York Times Blog) the game itself is getting awesomely bad reviews.

There are a bunch of maps to choose from, and you can create random ones as well. So if just want to sit back and build a city on your own terms, you'll find a lot of ways to do it. But without any real challenge, the welcome wears out quickly. Unlike most city builders, there's nothing to keep you engaged, and SimCity Societies falls flat as a result.

SimCity Societies for PC Reviews - PC SimCity Societies Reviews

While there are achievements and medals to be earned within the game, there's no real point to playing SimCity Societies beyond simply seeing if you can get the whole thing up and running without losing money. Artistic types can certainly use the game to create some spectacular cityscapes but trying to tie them into a specific function isn't going to be easy.

That's fun by itself for a short period but you'll constantly be battling the developers' decisions about how the game should work. The energy assignments don't always make a lot of sense but even when they do, the energy really has no real effect on the character of your city or its inhabitants. Without some sort of scripted challenges, it all just feels like you're just spinning your wheels.

IGN: SimCity Societies Review

Any opinions if anyone here has played it. I was actually going to buy this one. Huge fan of the genre(the only genre of gaming i actually enjoy) but looks like EA has left everyone of us disappointed. :no:

damn... i loved the simcity series... but i guess this game isn't developed by Maxis... so it is bound to flop :mad:

Back