Sites on 95mb.com never show up in search..

I found it very annoying tht my sites hosted on 95mb.com never ever showed up on any of the search engines even after registering it on many of the search engines manually..i even tried to write the whole name of the site on google search but still the search engine said tht no such site exists..when on the other hand, sites on tripod wud easily come up on the first three or four pages..i dont like tripod because it is full of ads and popup and also provides much less space..
I know everything about keywords and descriptions, and my site has a proper list of keywords included but still it doesnt seem to work..:huh:

Please suggest me a good free web hosting service which is search engine friendly..:)

what are you planning to put on your webiste?

i find freewebs.com pretty good, they do show up in google searches as far as i can tell.

My new site will be free ebooks website..but i have a large collection of ebooks so i probably need more space than those 15-2o mb sites..:)

how much space does freewebs provide?

check out 50webs.com, free ad-free hosting.

btw do you have your own domain bcoz most of the search engines prefers sites with a domain name.

WEll I think you will find that some free hosting sites may have a robots.txt file that prevents spiders from accessing them. That is probably the problem.

^^Yah.. 95mb has robots.txt and you are rit, they prevent spiders from 'crawling' on the page content. 50webs.com is fairly good and sites hosted on it do show up in searches but i'm still not convinced by the results.

Btw, anyone heard of byethost...they provide upto 250 mb of free space..and it provides add on domains..

If you know of other good free hostings which are search engine friendly, then pls let me know..

What do you mean you are not convinced, its not that easy if you host your site today it doesnt mean that tomorow the search engines will show ur site in thier results.

Btw did u submit your domain to msn, google, yahoo manually.

Hacker said:
What do you mean you are not convinced, its not that easy if you host your site today it doesnt mean that tomorow the search engines will show ur site in thier results.

Btw did u submit your domain to msn, google, yahoo manually.

Yaar, i know tht it doesnt show up on searches as soon as you host your site and i wasnt even expecting it...what i did was try to find a few older sites hosted on 50webs.com and then use specific keywords in those sites in searches..they did show up in searches but only in the 3rd page..thts why i said i wasnt convinced..anyways..it is still much better than 95mb.com...

^^i'm yet to load my site on 50webs..i'm kindof doing a survey of free hosts before i take my pick...but of all the ones i found out..50webs and byethost seem to be better..

Back