Budget 31-40k Skylake PC in 35k ?

Jules Goes

Disciple
Hey guys , My friend wants to setup a system & a budget of Rs 35000. was thinking of the i5 6th 6400 . He will be going for a graphics card later on .

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• Non
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - i5 6th 6400
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
      will be adding a graphic card later
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Photoshop
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • no
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • no
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

yes, pc from scratch . He will get the GPU later . Most important things Photoshop, web browsing and watching movies .

for a budget of 35k without monitor
Core i5 4460-13k
Asus Z97 Pro Gamer- 12k
Samsung Evo 120gb-3.5k(850 model)/Optional but speeds up system
WD 1tb hd-3k
Cabinet + SMPS=8k
Total= 39.5k
SMPS-SEASONIC M12II-520 520W -5.1k(Dont compromise on this)
Cabinet get any branded one for 2.9k or lesser

4460 is non overclock able CPU .. So save money and buy H97 board
Seriously Dude What do you think Z97 board is for??Please dont suggest false answers if you dont know the native advantages of chipsets.
Suggesting a H97 board over Z97 and that too for overclocking :D:D
Further you need a K series model for the overclock and a dedicated cooler which will cost more and will probably be Useless for the purpose

Here is the diff
https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Z97-vs-H97---What-is-the-Difference-562/

I don't see any advantage of the z97 over the h97 that the op can use. am i missing something?
also another 3.5k will need to be added for 8gb of ram.
Nope yeah missed out the ram Thanks for pointing it out
Op can easily go with B85 chipsets But a z97 will be more future proof in case Op wants to overclock in future

Op can easily go with B85 chipsets But a z97 will be more future proof in case Op wants to overclock in future
the problem is that when he does intends to overclock, it will involve a cpu change and by then haswell will be quite out-dated (and probably out of stock). so ultimately he will be limited by the socket instead of the chipset.
thanks to intel's constant socket changes, future proofing is just too expensive.

@Crapmypants , whats ur take on the skylake ? & my friend has a tight budget of 35k with monitor .
https://www.techenclave.com/community/members/crapmypants.58162/
i thought of this setup for him

Asus B150 M Plus D3 MB
Intel Core i5 6th Gen 6400 cpu
Antec VP450P
Gskill 4gb ddr3 1600 Ram
Cooler Master CMP 250
Seagate B500GB

Personally I'd not suggest DDR3 with skylake. There is a significant performance penalty when using DDR3. Also you require 1.35V low voltage dimms that are hard to come by. 1.5V standard ddr3 won't work.

I would suggest you to buy a board which supports DDR4 coz by the time your friend would think of upgrading his system DDR4 would have become standard by then. Plus building an LGA1151 system makes sense now coz LGA1151 is here to stay for couple of more years.

hey guys , thanks for the replies , sorry was offline for few days ..... as bsnl bb was down :(

any good suggestion for a PSU and case , will be running a gtx 750 graphic card

seasonic s12 430w for psu.
for the case anything from deepcool, corsair or cooler master that fits your budget will suffice.
the gtx 750 is not a large card.

Back