Budget 51-70k Skyreach 4 Mini setup....

Its impossible, not to come across S4M if you are into small form factor PC..
My shipment is on the way to India, and I have a few queries.

My main issue is getting the right Mini-ITX motherboard.
I'm after a future proof build, thus would be looking at i7 8700 (Non k) for TDP and heat purposes.
Do we get a mini itx motherboard with Z370 chipset in india? If yes, the prices expected (My search leaves only 25K mobos which are no way near the actual cost.)

Do we get a dell 330w adaptor in india. Planning with a HDplex 400 for a 1060 mini.

I have 2 options, since this is a build from scratch.
I'm at UK for 3 weeks, and can source all internals here, but is the hassle worth it?
Buy and build all the stuff in India, by paying a bit more? (I'm not sure how much and where)

Guys, Pour in your thoughts ASAP to help a confused guy...

There are plenty of SFF. The most important you should be asking yourself is what purpose is this for? Is this purely for Home theater setup or you plan to do video / photo editing or any other stuff?

If it is for purely video watching, try checking out solutions for zotac, with the current prices of GC being high, this built in approach works better

OK.. Since the purpose is pulled in.. they are as below.
1. 3D modelling & rendering.
2. Gaming @ 1080p High settings.
3. Photo and Video editing.

As I will me moving a lot, I need to setup a system easy to carry on a laptop bag.
I have HTPC solution (Dedicated Kodi box) & Home server to store and stream...

Giving an update to the situation.
I have bought a 8700, z370 Mini itx, 32gb Ram & M2 drive
So now to get the s4mini, hd plex power & 1050ti and build a computer small enough to fit on a laptop bag.

Thiru, it is always about the purpose :)
I see a big problem with your requirements, you want to move around with miniITX setup in a laptop bag? Don't get me wrong, there are cases such as CM Elite 110RC, Corsair obsidian series, Thermaltake ITX cube and many which will fit your config. But what stumps me is that the major part of this setup will require you a screen (atleast 27 inch), otherwise you are not justifying the setup. So would you have the screen everywhere you go?
instead why haven't you thought of getting a a good Gaming Laptop?
Moreover, 16 GB RAM is just good enough for any new games, 32 GB is an overkill. Even if you use Maya software, it can handle your 3D redering. So if you have not bought as a bundled kit, you might want to sell off that 16 GB RAM.

Get the stuff from the UK. Prices in India are expensive and not worth it. Try to source in advance and get it shipped.

Coming to the hassles, its all about customs - declare it and walk out. My guess is that even with customs, it would still be cheaper.

Manju, I think you might not easily get my requirements as it's very niche...
If you know about NX and it's toolpath generation requirements... You wouldn't suggest me a downgrade of ram...
And are you sure the cases you mentioned fit in a laptop bag.. I would be interested to see the "bag" which takes these...
Don't worry about the screens... I have them sorted long ago....
I'm not sure about your understanding of the query... Now as most if not all are sorted, I will proceed to close the thread...
Tldr;. It's not a hassle to get things from UK to here for niche products...[DOUBLEPOST=1522655220][/DOUBLEPOST]
Get the stuff from the UK. Prices in India are expensive and not worth it. Try to source in advance and get it shipped.

Coming to the hassles, its all about customs - declare it and walk out. My guess is that even with customs, it would still be cheaper.
This is the response I was after... And I have gone with it...
And it seems the silicon lottery is better for me... Full load prime 95 gets me 75c on l9i stock...very happy..

One more thing to add..
The combined component value is less than 50K, so I'm in green channel territory, and customs don't easily fiddle with you if they know who you are. (And they are very experienced in this and they figure that out in a single minute)

Last edited:
Manju, I think you might not easily get my requirements as it's very niche...
If you know about NX and it's toolpath generation requirements... You wouldn't suggest me a downgrade of ram...
And are you sure the cases you mentioned fit in a laptop bag.. I would be interested to see the "bag" which takes these...
Don't worry about the screens... I have them sorted long ago....
Yes, I do know about NX and CATIA for the CAD /CAM. You ideally need a Xeon processor instead(and still you don't need 32 GB RAM). Also, none of the miniITX cases would fit in the Laptop bag. To give you an idea about the specs, the CM Elite 110 is 10.3 x 8.2 x 11.1 inch. The dry weight will be around 2.5 Kgs. So it is not as easy to carry around as you might think with a Laptop.
Also, I hope you have already considered about the warranty, UK warranty will not be available here. and you will NOT be able to carry this in the hand baggage like a laptop in future :)

That's a proven case for a 1080 ti and 7700k... Stop being desparate to be right... The research is done and tested for the case, and that's not the point of the thread...

Interesting thread, I love SFF builds, unfortunately we dont get the variety of components, even if we do, there is heavy premium. That case look absolutely gorgeous. Do let me know if you find a reasonable Z370 mini ITX mobo.

Interesting thread, I love SFF builds, unfortunately we dont get the variety of components, even if we do, there is heavy premium. That case look absolutely gorgeous. Do let me know if you find a reasonable Z370 mini ITX mobo.

Yup ...it's a niche and demands premium...
The components are non mass market...
I have bought the below...
1. Intel 8700
2. Gigabyte z370 mini itx
3. 32 GB patriot 3200mhz ram
4. Wd 128gb M2 ssd
5. Noctua l9i

On the way
1. Skyreach 4 mini
2. Hdplex 160 ac dc & 160 dc dc
3. 1050ti low profile 4gb
4. 2 x 2tb 2.5 HDD.

Unfortunately, most of the components are not available in India.. I have bought them at UK (especially the motherboard).

I have spoken to Josh ( founder of s4mini) and he is the most helpful and coolest guy with lot of patience to your queries...

I'm an aerospace engineer, and going through the process of its manufacturing... I even can't replicate at that cost...

That's a proven case for a 1080 ti and 7700k... Stop being desparate to be right... The research is done and tested for the case, and that's not the point of the thread...
The point or the "purpose" of this build is the first thing that i had asked. Based on your input, i indicated that a laptop may be more useful and practical than a SFF build. If you like building a SFF build, by all means go ahead and splurge money but don't preach that with this case you can go around fitting in a laptop bag and operate like a laptop. All your Nx4 stuff can be done on a compatively cheaper sager or even alienware laptops. So i am not desparate to be right i am trying to put some pratical sense ;-)

Wow an eye opener... /S
I stopped reading when you said splurge money and Alienware...
Stop trying to win an argument trying to say " practical sense" which you have no idea of... I don't want to spend time with the "know it all wannabe"...

I believe you asked for the Dell 330W adaptor as well - you might find it, but it would not be easy. I wanted the Dell USB C 65W adaptors, Dell distri says NA.

Wow an eye opener... /S
I stopped reading when you said splurge money and Alienware...
Stop trying to win an argument trying to say " practical sense" which you have no idea of... I don't want to spend time with the "know it all wannabe"...
So please enlighten us what is your practical sense of this build to be used in laptop bag!

I believe you asked for the Dell 330W adaptor as well - you might find it, but it would not be easy. I wanted the Dell USB C 65W adaptors, Dell distri says NA.
Thanks for the reply mate.
I had checked the same & found that the original dell adaptors are very rare and their life is poor as well, not to mention lot of fakes circulating.
So, I have planned to go for a 160 AC-DC & 160 DC-DC system to power all of them. (Though I might need to downgrade my graphics card from 1060 to 1050ti)
This setup will remove the need of a power brick altogether and makes a cleaner build.
If needed, I can share the whole build methodology once complete.

Thanks for the reply mate.
I had checked the same & found that the original dell adaptors are very rare and their life is poor as well, not to mention lot of fakes circulating.
So, I have planned to go for a 160 AC-DC & 160 DC-DC system to power all of them. (Though I might need to downgrade my graphics card from 1060 to 1050ti)
This setup will remove the need of a power brick altogether and makes a cleaner build.
If needed, I can share the whole build methodology once complete.

I am assuming you are going to get a normal DC adaptor with high power capabilites and run a pico PSU?

I am assuming you are going to get a normal DC adaptor with high power capabilites and run a pico PSU?
HD-Plex has a rather good reputation amongst audiophiles for making real high quality PSUs at reasonable prices. I use their linear PSU and DC-DC converter in my fanless music listening pc.

The audio quality difference over a standard switching power supply is ridiculous.

Back