Budget 21-30k Slim, Cheap, hackintosh-able Laptop (Macbook Air clone basically)

Party Monger

Skilled
Looking for a laptop that looks good (like Macbook Air) but cheaper. I don't have a specific budget, but would prefer as low as possible.

No specific workload, simple photoshop/illustrator mayeb. Should have HDMI. No other frills needed.

Basically look out for abroad purchase with chinese clones.
Else Look out at Lenovo U series that looks bit like mac air.
Samsung series 9 and Asus zen are way too costlier than air.

Most of the clones come with Atom, they dont even have warranty and cost 20-25k -_-
And you cant hackintosh Atom :(

God how I wish that Xioami laptop was real. The Laptop space is ripe for a disruption.

Exactly....if its ok to wait it out...then its xiaomi laptop.
Look at lenovo U series and Asus x55ca series.... bit bigger but should be right for you.
The rest are all costly upwards of 60k.

Last edited:
Buy i5 HP probook series, 3rd generation proccy,
Check insanelyMac forum for right laptop and configuration options,
Buy used laptop in olx etc, instead of new ones, as you may have to tinker a bit with hardware to make it work properly.

I second HP Probook, they also have good support for hackintosh. But they don't like MBP as OP wants.

Buy i5 HP probook series, 3rd generation proccy,
Check insanelyMac forum for right laptop and configuration options,
Buy used laptop in olx etc, instead of new ones, as you may have to tinker a bit with hardware to make it work properly.
I've already done that. The probooks are very overpriced and bluky. Yes they are easy to hackintosh though. But the i3 model is 35k, and i5 50k. Macbook Air looks better at that range :p[DOUBLEPOST=1420891892][/DOUBLEPOST]
buy used 2012 (or earlier) MacBook Pro/Air. But not 2011.
I thought of getting a second hand air around 30k, but there are no, 2013 models on olx or quickr >.<

^Get MBP. MBA may not suit you.

(if you interested you can buy my laptop, comes pre installed with Yosemite and Windows 8.1: Dell XPS i7, 8GB 256GB SSD, 2GB 435GT @ only 40K :p)

^Get MBP. MBA may not suit you.

(if you interested you can buy my laptop, comes pre installed with Yosemite and Windows 8.1: Dell XPS i7, 8GB 256GB SSD, 2GB 435GT @ only 40K :p)
lol No man, I'm tired of bulky shit. I was thinking if i end up spending, will get the 11inch air and a 22inch monitor for the work.
If i wanted another pc, I have my 7 (or 8) year old laptop(c2d dual core with hackintosh) that works just fine :p

Hell I was thinking, i'd use this as a Mac machine with a monitor(vga)(so its a dual monitor mac setup, which i tested works amazingly well, maybe even upgrade to Yosimite) and get a cheapo laptop only :D

Back