Budget 90k+ Slimmest Gaming Laptop of 2018 ?

Slim laptop that can game to an extent would be ones with MX150. I've got a Dell 7577 with 1060maxq and I am not happy with its thermals and so wouldn't really give a big recommendation to the new G series before proper reviews are out;
https://www.firstpost.com/tech/gami...ors-and-nvidia-gtx-10-series-gpu-4417593.html
What about the display? Many people say it's up to the RNG gods whether you get a good quality piece or not lol. They say Dell laptop has problems with display or thermals or both. I've also seen it in a few reviews somewhere.
Anyway I don't recommend any of these slim laptops unless you want to compromise on performance and cooling and you agree to accept that fact before the eventual regrets set in...

Portability ok but at the cost of performance (Max-Q) and arguably potential heating problems, no thanks. Which is why I've never really been a fan of "slim gaming laptops" right from the start. I'm always a fan of the fat ones. :D
I do like thin but not too thin. I will be able to manage till 2.5-3kg max.

True, you start compromising on more than just the thermals when it comes to thinner and slimmer units.
Slim laptop that can game to an extent would be ones with MX150. I've got a Dell 7577 with 1060maxq and I am not happy with its thermals and so wouldn't really give a big recommendation to the new G series before proper reviews are out;
https://www.firstpost.com/tech/gami...ors-and-nvidia-gtx-10-series-gpu-4417593.html

Yeah! There is a definite need for more reviews to surface.
gaming... laptop...?:eek:

The days of DSR's is over thanks to stuff like Max-Q and Intel's Core line of processors. Stuff is fairly reliable and portable these days. Although nothing beats a custom build. :p

Slimmer the laptop greater the heat generated and harder the dissipation all this due to compromised air flow. Thermals suck big time in slim gaming models unless its a casual light built home laptop.
Will always prefer to carry a bit heavy ones with good thermal, space for heat dissipation, air flow vented both in and out etc.
Also, a 3kg aint heavy at all unless you are severely underweight & starved for to carry your own body weight.

Slim and yoga is just a style trend, original heavy ones are still the big daddy and will stay forever. Professionals will always prefer the later unless they are style quotient.

Last edited:
Slimmer the laptop greater the heat generated and harder the dissipation all this due to compromised air flow. Thermals suck big time in slim gaming models unless its a casual light built home laptop.
Will always prefer to carry a bit heavy ones with good thermal, space for heat dissipation, air flow vented both in and out etc.
Also, a 3kg aint heavy at all unless you are severely underweight & starved for to carry your own body weight.

Slim and yoga is just a style trend, original heavy ones are still the big daddy and will stay forever. Professionals will always prefer the later unless they are style quotient.

Slimness is not directly responsible for bad thermals. It is a symptomatic fallout depending on the internal components used.

Anyway, HP has introduced new Pavilion Gaming line of notebooks in the market. Full-fat 8th generation chips should be available with Pascal GPU's.

Back