Slots open for seedbox

anupamsps

Disciple
few Slots open for the month of May (Closed Now)

Its a kimisufi 2xl box (100 Mbps)

Traffic: Unlimited per user (upload & download counted)

HDD Space Per User: 30gb

Active Torrents: Unlimited per user

Ftp Access: No

Fee: 600 per month (tax included)

Buffering is not allowed in public trackers and in demonoid.

Public also means trackers which have open sign up,

If interested PM me

thats pretty expensive for those specs

what we have is ovh shared by 3 ppl + unlimited + ftp access + 300+ gb space per user.

psyph3r said:
thats pretty expensive for those specs
what we have is ovh shared by 3 ppl + unlimited + ftp access + 300+ gb space per user.

the box kimisufi 2xl is itself costly. but it has it's benifit too.:)

Kind of expensive.. not to rain down on the OP, but prospective users (and maybe the OP himself) should consider outsystem.pl

resellers.. pretty good ones too.

Guys don't rush into conclusion. U can check the price from ovh sites.:)

anyway, i will consider Traffic: Unlimited per user

other criterion remains same.

let me know if it helps you to decide.

OT noob question: I kinda have an idea what seedbox is - dedicated server for downloading/uploading through torrents. But what after I have downloaded a torrent on a seedbox? How do I get it? If I have to download it the normal way, would that be as good as downloading it straightaway to my machine?

Deus Ex Machina said:
OT noob question: I kinda have an idea what seedbox is - dedicated server for downloading/uploading through torrents. But what after I have downloaded a torrent on a seedbox? How do I get it? If I have to download it the normal way, would that be as good as downloading it straightaway to my machine?

A seedbox for an Indian user on a regular low end 256/512kbit(with sucky uploads) conn is primarily useful for creating a ratio buffer on private tracker sites.

and as chunny mentioned, you can also ftp stuff out of the box if required. :)

@ anupamsps --> I'm tempted towards your offer, however, for a relatively new member with only 25 odd posts and no iTrade rating, it's quite difficult to convince people.

Deus Ex Machina said:
hmm...it's clear ..doesnt make much sense though. If you have extra 600 rupees to spare, why not get a better connection? :)

I understand your problem. But in short there are high end trackers where you can not survive a day if you don't use seedbox. The main use is mainly to make buffer and to upload contents. But this is not a place discuss all this things. If required i may open a discussion thread regarding seedbox and you can clear your doubt there.:eek:hyeah:

zanderzone said:
@ anupamsps --> I'm tempted towards your offer, however, for a relatively new member with only 25 odd posts and no iTrade rating, it's quite difficult to convince people.

convince what :S. I am not a selling object. You can verify everything once you get access to the box:eek:hyeah:

BTW, i am very much active in another forum :)bleh: ) and i see many ppl here who knows me very well :p

So be assured you are not buying from an alien :cool2:

Deus Ex Machina said:
hmm...it's clear ..doesnt make much sense though. If you have extra 600 rupees to spare, why not get a better connection? :)

Yes better connection is possible but that would only get may be more download bandwidth. What we need is a good upload speed too to ensure that we dont screw up with the ratios on private trackers.

Eg: Although MTNL is offering speeds of 2 Mbps but the upload speed is only 256 Kbps max which means under an ideal condition you can download 8 times more data than you can upload with such a connection and this will ultimately see the ratio decline, increasing the probability of banning you from the site. I have avoided my ban three times on BWTorrents, all because of my poor ratio and jacking up the ratio just above threshold needed for survival.

Guys thanks for your attention in this thread. I already got requisite no for my seedbox. So will open this thread again in June.

regards

Back