Small quiet, budget-friendly air conditioner

Digigear

Disciple
I have a small studio space where I record screencasting videos. I have all the doors and windows shut and the whole room is insulated with soundproof panels. I can't turn on the fan because that will create noise in the audio recording. I don't want to spend too much on an air conditioning solution but need the room to be cool for long recording sessions. So I'm looking for a budget friendly option for a 10x10x10 cubic ft room. Obviously it has to be quiet. And if it can be portable then great but otherwise also is fine.

As for budget, somwhere around 5k would be great but I'm willing to go upto 10k if the quality and performance are worthy.

I have a small studio space where I record screencasting videos. I have all the doors and windows shut and the whole room is insulated with soundproof panels. I can't turn on the fan because that will create noise in the audio recording. I don't want to spend too much on an air conditioning solution but need the room to be cool for long recording sessions. So I'm looking for a budget friendly option for a 10x10x10 cubic ft room. Obviously it has to be quiet. And if it can be portable then great but otherwise also is fine.

As for budget, somwhere around 5k would be great but I'm willing to go upto 10k if the quality and performance are worthy.

I don't think you can get an air conditioner for that price. Air cooler would probably be the way to go but that has it's own set of problems.

Air-coolers will make noise and you cannot operate that in a closed room for long time. Also it will not work good if you are residing in coastal area. Even a 1 ton split ac will cost around 20K. Also you can check out blade-less fans with no noise and portable.

Bladeless fans seem more like agimkick and also they so make noise. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and go for the split AC. Any good budget friendly option you'd recommend?
Post automatically merged:

I wonder from where are you even gonna buy that Ac or cooler in current lockdown?
I'm just doing my research prior so that I can just buy when it is all settled.

Last edited:
If you are buying specifically for summers then by the time its all over it might be too late as we might already be into chilly winters :D
Well, I'm going to be recording in a closed room. It's bound to get hot. And I believe air conditioners get cheaper during the winter?

Voltas is part of the same Tata group as TataCliq, usually prices are more aggressive. However AC prices have risen somewhat in last two years.
The sale corresponding to Big Billion Days and Great Indian Festival is your best bet.

Few ideas:
Look into 'peltier' (thermoelectric plate) based air conditioners. These are not common at all, and don't cool anywhere as good as regular acs. But they are quiet and can be small. Have loads of people making them on youtube. They 'maybe' good enough for a single person. Big maybe. My only experience is youtube videos. If you are interested in an adventure you could think about it, or pay someone to make your designs. Component wise its very simple - a thermoelectric plate - fans. Parts are very cheap. Available on aliexpress / amazon after lockdown - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000576240818.html .
Peltier - USB beer chillers, mini fridge are fairly common. So you may find some mini AC readymade..

Also dehumidifier ? Won't make things cooler, but prevents getting sweat. These can also be thermoelectric plate based. Adv: quiet, very cheap. Dis: does not cool Google turned up: https://www.eassymall.com/product/xrow-600b-500ml-electric-dehumidifier-mini-air-dehumidifier

Lots of other innovative ideas are floating around: Like these small 375W bed only air conditioners: https://tupik.in/ - Rs. 12k - 17k

Wearable air conditioner might become a thing. Sony is launching one (peltier again): https://www.designboom.com/technology/sony-reon-pocket-wearable-air-conditioner-07-26-2019/
Then there are cooling jackets for motorcyclists and on..

So nothing mainstream. Options for anyone adventurous ;)

Back