Small tiny blue dot on brand new OP5T?

Zaibatsu

Disciple
I received my OP5T today. And after turning on the phone I notice that there is always a small tiny blue dot on the display which is noticeable when I lock/unlock the phone. Will Amazon replace it for me if I file a claim? There is no direct replace button, instead they said an engineer who will come visit my house to check the phone for the particular fault. What should I do in such case when I'm not even available at home? Second of all is is it a dead pixel or something else?

10 Days, Replacement only
  • Not eligible for return if the item is "No longer needed"
  • For Android smartphones, our Returns Centre will prompt you to download the Blancco app to diagnose issues with a defective smartphone. We'll provide a resolution on the basis of the Blancco app diagnostic results.
  • In case of Apple iPhones, other non-Android phones and in certain other cases, if you report an issue with your smartphone, we may schedule a technician visit to your location. On the basis of the technician's evaluation report, we'll provide a resolution.
  • Return the phone in the original condition with brand box and all the accessories like charger, headphones, manual, etc. to avoid pickup cancellation. We will not process a replacement if the pickup is cancelled owing to missing/damaged contents.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201149900?ref=hp_mb_in_ret
Try that Blancco app and see if it reports display issue? If not hit the Oneplus Service center and ask them for a new piece.

Here is a short video of the same. Here you can see, as soon as I turn on the phone the pixel starts to show as blue. Even in Dead pixel tester app, its showing the same

[DOUBLEPOST=1517331864][/DOUBLEPOST]
10 Days, Replacement only

Try that Blancco app and see if it reports display issue? If not hit the Oneplus Service center and ask them for a new piece.

The blancco app doesn't have a dead pixel tester. Only non display related issues are diagnosable

Last edited:
How did you resolve your complaint?
I requested for replacement through amazon technical support no. They arranged for an engineer visit on 31st Jan to check the issue. And after confirming that the phone is defective which they weren't able to "fix" they sent a replacement which is about to arrive on Saturday, but I fear the replacement piece might be defective aswell due to my fate. After all One Plus is a chinese company and there is no assurance whether the company is legit or not, despite all the fame about One Plus on the internet

Last edited:
replacement will be brand new,

right you taking about fate! Let me tell you bought a phone from Amazon.IN on 31 March, Home-Back-recent button get screwed on 31 March, reached the service station with a high hope motherboard will be replaced because I got warrant power

when my turn came cc politely said to me your warranty expires on 30 March 11:59 pm

Most likely that's just a defect on the phone display, it's just a pixel that won't work now. I think you can give it back, because it's just a defect and the purchaser's fault at all.

Most likely that's just a defect on the phone display, it's just a pixel that won't work now. I think you can give it back, because it's just a defect and the purchaser's fault at all.
He has already got the replacement almost eight days back. I guess you are a bit late with your advice.

OFFTOPIC:

I would say buying from Flipkart is much better than buying from Amazon. Flipkart's return process is hassle free and paperless for mostly all products ranging from cosmetics to computer/mobile accessories. Whereas in Amazon you will need to provide a whole lot of documentation like return label, invoice and acknowledgement letter. Is Amazon fooling us?

OFFTOPIC:

I . Whereas in Amazon you will need to provide a whole lot of documentation like return label, invoice and acknowledgement letter

I never gave them anything apart from the product which I'm returning no printouts nothing. The pickup guy gives u the acknowledgement.

Back