Smart TV or TV Stick. Which one ??

Soyab0007

Gamer
Adept
I am having VU LED 32" 2017 Model
I am getting resale value of 4-4.5k

Shall I switch to Smart TV or just add Fire TV stick to the old one?

I am planning to disconnect cable connection and just watch contents on Youtube and other streaming apps

Definitely a Fire TV stick! Much better than most if not all Smart TVs due to ease of due, regular updates, functional remote and inbuilt alexa.
The 4k stick is quite a bit snappier, so if you can get it on sale or get someone from US to get one, nothing like it. Else, the basic stick is good too.

I am having VU LED 32" 2017 Model
I am getting resale value of 4-4.5k

Shall I switch to Smart TV or just add Fire TV stick to the old one?

I am planning to disconnect cable connection and just watch contents on Youtube and other streaming apps
smart TV are waste. They will not get updated, they are slow and they will even show ads suddenly if manufacturers decide.

better get Firestick or firestick 4k or Mi box S

Normal TV + smart Box like Mi box.
Smart TV will have issues, and have to cut corners to save cost . I got this mi smart TV which gets updates and is snappy, but has 2.4G (slower) wifi than a mi box.

I have only once used Mi Box and since It was easy to return, I took a chance. I did not like Mi Box much. I like Fire Stick more as I have got accustomed to its UI since last 3 years and also I can install all sort of 3rd party apps on it. Alexa remote works well and compatibility with Sideclick (may be this need is obsolete with firestick remote integrating the volume and such buttons).

I have also used Roku a lot but that was only because I was using Sling TV (in US) a lot and its UI on roku was really good. Now I would not really go with Roku as many channels will not work in India too. I have, for sometime used roku in India but only for Youtube (Netflix hadn't been in India then).

For me, it is Fire Stick.

I have only once used Mi Box and since It was easy to return, I took a chance. I did not like Mi Box much. I like Fire Stick more as I have got accustomed to its UI since last 3 years and also I can install all sort of 3rd party apps on it. Alexa remote works well and compatibility with Sideclick (may be this need is obsolete with firestick remote integrating the volume and such buttons).

I have also used Roku a lot but that was only because I was using Sling TV (in US) a lot and its UI on roku was really good. Now I would not really go with Roku as many channels will not work in India too. I have, for sometime used roku in India but only for Youtube (Netflix hadn't been in India then).

For me, it is Fire Stick.

Thanks
bought this one

https://www.amazon.in/Certified-Ref...v+stick&qid=1556306625&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Anybody here with Firetvsticks 4K can able to get 'Downloader' app in their unit?
I know the normal fire tv stick can able to get the app as per tutorials available in the net but not 4K version.

My question how I can side load app in Fire Tv Stick 4K ? ES file explorer disabled transfer option at firetv stick.

Anybody here with Firetvsticks 4K can able to get 'Downloader' app in their unit?
I know the normal fire tv stick can able to get the app as per tutorials available in the net but not 4K version.

My question how I can side load app in Fire Tv Stick 4K ? ES file explorer disabled transfer option at firetv stick.
No need to all this, just use appstofire app and upload and install apps from your phone to firestick itself

Cast not working with fire tv stick..
i am having One plus5 with android ver 9.01

Fire TV stick 4k now able to mirror the screen...They enable this features now.

Though it is not the cast, Wish prime video officially come to Google TV play store as their fight ended.

Fire TV stick 4k now able to mirror the screen...They enable this features now.

Though it is not the cast, Wish prime video officially come to Google TV play store as their fight ended.
so Fire tv stick 2nd generation cant do cast
any 3rd party solution for this

Also JIO tv not working.. it shows app not supported

what about android tv ? I have firetv stick which is getting slow internet on 10mbps connection causing movies to stop every 2-3 minutes but on my sony android tv everythings fine.

Last edited:
No need to all this, just use appstofire app and upload and install apps from your phone to firestick itself

But this requires the app to be installed first to your phone. My suggestion to OP is this. Just install single app on your phone named "Apktime" and use Apps2Fire to put in your firestick. This is the baap of all apps (basically source of all apps). Use apktime directly on your firestick to download all apps.
Things like Jio TV etc will not be there but many other apps will be.

Back