Smarteefi Android/IOS WiFi Smart Switch, 16A

Anyone bought from itead.cc or banggod, are they reliable. If yes, please share your experience.
I am planning to buy few from them.

yes, Amazon India is in my mind. Itead or banggod is selling them at 4-5$ and it will be quite cheap if I get 4 to 5 switches from them.
Any idea what will be custom duty on these switches.

If you are buying many then it might be cheaper to go that way. But if you face any problems with setup you are on your own. I spent 2 h breaking my head trying to get them to work then another couple of hours with their support and we cracked it. Some settings on the router and the thing worked. Without support i was ready to return this or failing that drop it in the bin

Just read the complaints about that sonoff app, earlier someone mentioned to use some custom firmware.

If you are buying many then it might be cheaper to go that way. But if you face any problems with setup you are on your own. I spent 2 h breaking my head trying to get them to work then another couple of hours with their support and we cracked it. Some settings on the router and the thing worked. Without support i was ready to return this or failing that drop it in the bin

Just read the complaints about that sonoff app, earlier someone mentioned to use some custom firmware.

Ah! Tell me about it. I have used Tasmota but the life is not any greener. On the bright side, you get to learn new things with all these problems. ;-)

Ah! Tell me about it. I have used Tasmota but the life is not any greener. On the bright side, you get to learn new things with all these problems. ;-)
Tasmota and openlab is supposed to be a bed of roses i thought :D

Post#19

At least you have the option to run alternate firmware. That option does not exist with smarteefi afaik. So schedules have to use the internet. That service is free for now. IF it changes there might be a subscription to pay

Got an email from smarteefi

GOOGLE HOME SUPPORT:

Support for Google Assistant is available on Smarteefi products from now. All our products now works with Google Home Devices. You can find Smarteefi in Google Home App and Link your accounts for auto discovery of your Smarteefi switches. You can then control your appliances connected to Smarteefi power strip and switches through Google Home. Enjoy it and let us know if you face any issue.

ALEXA/GOOGLE HOME SUPPORT SUBSCRIPTION FREE:

All the features of Smarteefi are subscription free. When we announced Alexa support last year we have informed our users that Alexa support is subscription based feature with 6 months free subscription. However we have now decided that Alexa support will also be subscription free for any foreseeable future.

I understand Sonoff switches can be bought very cheap. I bought a few Smarteefi devices. Their performance is awesome and so is the support. Two reasons I don't buy Sonoff:

1. Like @blr_p mentioned, see the rating for Sonoff in Amazon or any other sites. It is bad compared to Smarteefi. And so it is in Play Store.
2. Sonoff is a Chinese company. Call me whatever you want; I don't want to install their app on my phone and don't wan't their devices connecting to my network. God knows what information they pull from our devices. We already know a few such incidents have happened in the past.

Also, Smarteefi is an Indian company. I like buying Indian products and support Indian companies.

Good to know local provider for smart devices... But Sonoff 16A ones are around 650~700 rs if you get it from aliexpress. I got for 10A(costed me 400 each) ones for my home and connected few lights. Now i control from alexa(echo), google assitant... and there is no subscription model for this. In my case i connected this without replacing existing switches, so that i can control manually too if required. Again this has scheduling options as well.

I understand Sonoff switches can be bought very cheap. I bought a few Smarteefi devices. Their performance is awesome and so is the support. Two reasons I don't buy Sonoff:

1. Like @blr_p mentioned, see the rating for Sonoff in Amazon or any other sites. It is bad compared to Smarteefi. And so it is in Play Store.
2. Sonoff is a Chinese company. Call me whatever you want; I don't want to install their app on my phone and don't wan't their devices connecting to my network. God knows what information they pull from our devices. We already know a few such incidents have happened in the past.

Also, Smarteefi is an Indian company. I like buying Indian products and support Indian companies.
Do not think for a second that Smarteefi builds their products in India.

You dont buy Sonoff to run their app, you buy Sonoff because it comes with Esp8266 chip and so can upload your own firmware on it. Check out Tasmota, Esp easy, Espurna and loads of other firmware which can be used with Sonoff/Esp8266.

One flashed you can use these devices with Openhab or Home Assistant. There will not be any need to use any cloud based service to make these work.

Smarteefi has a couple of new products. A replacement for ordinary 6/8 module horizontal modular switch plate

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HKKCWZ6

email sent by the CEO

First of all thank you so much for your trust in Smarteefi products. Today we are extremely happy to present you our new product "Smart Switch Board" for our home automation product line. It is a complete switchboard which includes plug(s) that can be used as smart plugs with controlling switch + multiple switches to control lightings + 1 Fan speed control. Fan speed control is also available from Alexa and Google Home apart from Smarteefi App. You can also schedule the fan speed apart from ON/OFF (example change fan speed to 2 at 4am). Youtube videos are available on Smarteefi channel and video links are provided in new Smarteefi App->Help Section. It is available in two sizes. Complete details and technical specifications are available at Amazon.in

1. A replacement for ordinary 6 module horizontal modular switch plate (https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HKKCWZ6).
  2. A replacement for ordinary 8 module square modular switch plate (https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HK5VZZH).
I hope that Smart Switch Board will receive similar love, blessings and support with excellent reviews that you bestowed upon our existing products. As always if you need any help related to Smarteefi products, please feel free to contact our support or reach out to me. I assure you the best possible support.

ONCE AGAIN WE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT WITH EXCELLENT REVIEWS OF SMARTEEFI PRODUCTS.

(PS: There is a limited stock in the first batch so we have restricted it to 1 unit per order currently but we are trying to increase our production capacity and will remove the restriction very soon. In case it goes out of stock (i.e. Amazon starts showing currently unavailable), you may send an email to support@smarteefi.com with subject “Notify Me Smart witch Board Availability” to get stock updates.

Vipin Kumar Gahlaut

Founder and CEO

CoreEmbedded Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Ishan Corporate Tower, Ground Floor,

C-23, Sector-13, Vasundhara,

Ghaziabad, India – 201012

Their support is truly excellent. If you want to set something up and not spend half your life on forums and troubleshooting then these guys make it simpler.

Good enough if your requirements are narrow enough not to require custom firmware. Not too happy with their updated app though. The earlier one had a simpler UI

Where are you guys putting your sonoff devices? Behind the wall switch panels?
20190430_082747.jpg

This is how i connected as it is rental home for me.

There is a panel based version available for lights and fans. Constraint is that it is only for 2A per channel. They are touch based switch panels with choices available from 1 to 3ch. I have ordered 3 of the 3ch versions but yet to install them. Gonna use one of them with 2-pole contactors to control one of my water pumps wirelessly as well.

[US$17.84 10% OFF]SONOFF[emoji2400] T1 UK 1-3 Gang AC 90V-250V 600W WIFI And RF 86 Type Smart Wall Touch Light Switch Module Works With Amazon Alexa Electronic Accessories & Gadgets from Electronics on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/afl0MJlSiW

Back