Smartphone battery life

ch@ts

Skilled
I just got an android and was wondering what's considered to be good battery life for a smartphone.

I've got a Spice Mi-425, and I get almost 2 days (~45 hours) of usage between charges. (100 percent full to 4 percent full)

My use:
using wi-fi actively to surf the net: 3 hrs 30 mins
display on: 5hrs 20 mins
calls: 1hr 20 mins
games (amazing alex, sudoku) : 30 -40 mins
texting : 30-40 messages
camera : 10 photos

I think my usage is light-moderate, but I'm not sure. When people online say heavy, moderate use, they don't actually say how much they're actually using the phone. I was wondering how much mileage everyone gets off their smartphones - Symbians, iphones and androids.

I think you are getting pretty good for an Android. Or it might be my phone sucks. I use my phone only for push mail (3 accounts) on WiFi (24 x 7) and it barely lasts a day properly. My Nokia lasts about 65 - 70 hours on similar usage, plus phone calls. When I use the GPS, it comes down to 2 days

My Xperia Mini Pro gives 24Hrs on a single charge which includes

4.5Hrs screen on
Lot of texting on Whatsapp
30 mins calling
Wifi connected 12Hrs + EDGE 12hrs

@OP: Yours is very good IMO!

My Galaxy R gives 3 days on Single Charge
1 Hr of Packet Data
1 Hr on Wifi
1-2 hrs Music + Videos
1 hr of Games(Temple Run etc)
A few Texts

must be some thing else that is causing the draining..bcos iam on 2.3.6 on my galaxy s2 and it gives me a good backup of 35 to 40 hrs on avarage..

This is my usage..

1).10 to 15 texts..
2). 13 to 14 Hrs on wifi..
3). auto sync for gmail enabled..
4).5 to 6 cliks..
5). voice 60 to 90 mins..
6). video for an hour or so..
7).Browsing for an hour..
8). 15 to 30 min gaming..

So...anything close to 2 days with moderate usage is decent, 1 day with moderate usage is the norm, and 3 days exceptional?

Back