Camera So which lenses do you have?

[/COLOR]
ronnie_gogs said:
Bought a almost immaculate FM 10 with a 35-70mm lens...

First film roll is on now.. Will post results (If they are ok :p )

But the anticipation of the shot, preparation and the fully manual operation is fun... :p

Good luck with your FM-10, Ronnie. It's a good choice for learning photography. You are in total control now, so whatever happens you are going to LEARN things. The crutches are gone and it's up to you.

All the best with it. I'll never get rid of my manual cameras.

:)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Anshul said:
Henry :O

The 16-35 and 50/1.4 are all I need for walking around :p

Hello Anshul.

Those are good choices for walkabout and low light work. You may want to broaden that as your interests in other aspects of photography grow in the future.

Good luck with it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@Aces170
^^ Did that for quite some time with a 50mm but that's the only way you will improve your composition skills. That's the reason all purist insist going the film way, no "spray and pray" to speak of

Reminds me of this. The same would go for one prime lens on any camera, I think.

"But I'll say this: A year with a single Leica and a single lens, looking at light and ignoring color, will teach you as much about actually seeing photographs as three years in any photo school, and as much as ten or fifteen years (or more) of mucking about buying and selling and shopping for gear like the average hobbyist."
- Mike Johnston

@_pappu_
Why not get a fast wide walkaround prime make things challenging for yourself
That would be challenging. The more stuff there is in the frame, the harder it is to get a great, simple composition. This is why some pros have chosen to shoot a little on the long side whenever it is practical. Fewer elements, better DOF control, simpler. I use a 24mm f2.8 on FX in the way you are talking about. It is one of my favorites.

@Aces170
^^ Wow that's an impressive glass collection. And I agree with your conclusion, get a few fast walk-around zooms coupled with a fast telezoom, a 50mm and 85mm prime, a 105mm macro, and a fast UWA. I dunno why would people want more.
Those are all great choices. I would probably go for even less. A fast 24, 50, and 105. A fast short zoom. A fast medium zoom. Not much more unless I had a specific need to drive it.

Canon 5D and 40D:

EF1.4 extender with EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

...and now saving up for : Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens

...can't wait :)

All those interested in seeing them both, all the Camera equipment is in 'Bhopal' as it is always much easier to visit the tiger country from there. as for the pics I have only shared a few in some other thread. If I remember will post a picture of some crazy lenses once I get home, got an opportunity to try out the the Canon EF 500mm f/4.0 L IS USM Super Telephoto Lens on the field as well as a 400Mm Nikon if I remember correctly.....

PS. if anyone know any good Indian Wildlife Photography Forum please PM me...Thanks a lot.

Infected said:
...and now saving up for : Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens

...can't wait :)

All those interested in seeing them both, all the Camera equipment is in 'Bhopal' as it is always much easier to visit the tiger country from there. as for the pics I have only shared a few in some other thread. If I remember will post a picture of some crazy lenses once I get home, got an opportunity to try out the the Canon EF 500mm f/4.0 L IS USM Super Telephoto Lens on the field as well as a 400Mm Nikon if I remember correctly.....

PS. if anyone know any good Indian Wildlife Photography Forum please PM me...Thanks a lot.

We never actually met up :bleh:

next time pakka.

...as said:

IMG_1604.jpg

Using them on D7000

Nikon AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
Nikon AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8G
Nikon AF-S FX Telephoto 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Nikon AF-D Micro 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5

Waiting for a upgraded FX body do want to buy D700 and good wide angle !!!

Thats some awesome lenses you guys have got. :D

Especially T42, Brendon and infected.

I have a modest requirement so a general purpose Canon 24-105mm f4.0L(just bought it today), a Canon 50mm f1.4 Prime(love the sharpness at f2.8) for the bokeh's & portraits and the Canon 18-55mm Kit lens for rough use.

All with a 1.6x cropped frame on a Canon 500D(gets me everything except for those UWA shots).

Might get the Canon 10-22mm maybe later.

^^ General purpose Canon 24-105mm L lens costing $1150, definitely a 'decent' lens. :D

BTW, added a Sony 50mm f1.8, Sony 35mm f1.8 and a Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 to my arsenal.

And sold off some infrequently used lenses.

So my updated system is -

Sony A700 (Main body)

Sony A200 (Backup body)

Sony 35mm f1.8

Minolta 50mm f1.7

Sony 50mm f1.8

Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro

Rokinon 85mm f1.4

Sigma 10-20mm

Sony 16-105mm

Sigma 70-210mm f2.8 APO

Tamron 70-200mm f2.8

Quantaray/Kenko 2x teleconvertor

^^ That was an unplanned purchase. I made up mind to stick with the Sigma 70-210mm f2.8 for life but when I saw it available in India for just 25k I couldn't help myself and clicked Buy it now.

This is going to seriously affect my budgeting for my new camera but its one of those things that can't be planned for. :p

Well I have general lenses which almost all Canon guys have

1. Canon 18-55mm IS
2. Canon 50mm f/1.8
3. Canon 55-250mm IS

Using these on Canon 550D body :)

Saving up for Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM :gap:

ashvarybabul said:
Added Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro Lens to the list (the list which is too short to be stated :p)
Is this the new one with OS (image stabilization) ?

Im planning to buy it and sell my tamron 90mm 2.8.

Back