Graphic Cards Sob SOb my 6600gt died...

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well was installing new rams in the mean while screwed the gfx card while cleaning it...Well still 10 months of warranty is left.......but i want to know is it the same stuff like mobo or cpu ...that they have separate service centers or while have to giv it bak to dealer......just dont want to waste my day going and then guy says u r at wrong place....

Its a BIG card bought from modera electronics(next to pc guide)......

Need suggestion ho like how many days and where to submit.....since this is the first time encountering a problem with gfx

May its soul rest in peace.

In the meanwhile I would suggest deleting the reference that is was you that killed the card, that would amount to card slaughter :D and not eligible for clemency.

hey sorry about the card.. you have to give it to the BIG service center... they will take the card and send it to Hong Kong to Galaxy Tech... when my 7600GT AGP died they took 2 months to return it... so since your card is now obsolete it might take a while for them to give you a replacement..

magnet said:
screwed the gfx card while cleaning it...
What exactly happened.? did any component fall off ? and what are the current signs that it is dead like no display, artifacts, etc...

Statutory Warning: Fornicating with Your graphics card can be injurious to its health.:no:

lol now a lot of mistake happed while typing...bak to problem....

yup in vista at start was getting errors that some nv......file caused problem...device driver restored......it...but than suddenly restart used to happened.....but than as i was assured its with gfx card i tried to open animation software and artifacts were ard......

than tried running it on windows 64 bit xp.....the display used to shut for 3 seconds and again start working for 3-4 seconds and than again alternatly it will shut and start......after starting on onboard stuff no problem faced so far and working on it now

hmmm ... INTRESTING to hear abt aftersales service dat u got soumalidon

2 monthz dammm !!! datz toooooo long !! ....

can sum1 tellme which company in GFX card has the best aftersales in INDIA

well in my case they took 10 days to change my BIG 7600GS and within those 10 days they shipped it to mumbai and then back to my nehru place dealer....and guess what they gave me a brand new card ;)

luky u...btw will surely try getting to their office......but prob is its through dealer and time mention for same is 1pm after thats the time when i remain busy...

ya they said its hard to find a 7600GT AGP... so they took for ever to replace it.. wouldnt even give me my money!! I got really pissed in the end... they gave me a 7600GS as standby.....

Last year my BIG 6600GT died because my STOOPID Zalman 7000cu heat sink shredded the copper off its surface and there was a lot of the copper pieces inside the computer case, only the 6600GT which was directly under the heat sink died. I cleaned off all the copper pieces from the 6600GT and sent it off for RMA via Prime and 2 weeks later they gave me a new card... but the funny part is that this new card came with a Zalman heat sink attached on it :eek:hyeah:

oops now i doubt it has to do with gfx card.....now onboard also facing artifacts..have uninstalled the drivers of nvidia and installed ati drivers via win update for jetway 690g board still got this today faced no problem yesterday and similar stuff happens when shutdown screen comes

ImageShack - Hosting :: 60890288ef5.jpg

this pict is jus miliisec after i clicked logon screen in vista where this artifacts were most but i was able to take pict shot as the keyboard was lock at the very moment......any idea guys......right now using the board at default stuff......have installed 4 mem stick of 1 gb ram(has it to do anything with it yup i m on 64bit os)

I got my card(6600gt) replaced recently from my dealer(Lammy).....took me a WHOLE 1 hour :p .....offered me a new 1 too if i get ny probs with it again within warranty.

card is currently with BiKeY(hope 2 hear its still workin :D)

magnet said:
oops now i doubt it has to do with gfx card.....now onboard also facing artifacts..have uninstalled the drivers of nvidia and installed ati drivers via win update for jetway 690g board still got this today faced no problem yesterday and similar stuff happens when shutdown screen comes
ImageShack - Hosting :: 60890288ef5.jpg
this pict is jus miliisec after i clicked logon screen in vista where this artifacts were most but i was able to take pict shot as the keyboard was lock at the very moment......any idea guys......right now using the board at default stuff......have installed 4 mem stick of 1 gb ram(has it to do anything with it yup i m on 64bit os)
Thats what i was hinting at magnet;) . reseat ur rams and / or set the ram timings manually in the bios (as loose as possible). also increasing the vDimm Voltage will help (if ur m/b bios allows it i.e.)

Thats just to rule out the rams as the possible cause since you have mentioned you have replaced the rams too during ur "screwing up" operation. chipset / psu issues , if any , will be dealt with after you report back.

aah sir any link showing how to do it...i m a noob in bios dept using jetway mobo with amd

update note:::well i tried increasing vdimm it didnt helped...being a noob i thought better tried playing with sticks...removed 1 stick and wooh...its running fine......even games are working now on gfx card..so it isnt dead yet...the prob is with ram...now what to do inorder to make all 4 sticks work???right now using 3 sticks

magnet said:
aah sir any link showing how to do it...i m a noob in bios dept using jetway mobo with amd
update note:::well i tried increasing vdimm it didnt helped...being a noob i thought better tried playing with sticks...removed 1 stick and wooh...its running fine......even games are working now on gfx card..so it isnt dead yet...the prob is with ram...now what to do inorder to make all 4 sticks work???right now using 3 sticks
At this same setting, first you test this offending stick of ram alone. i.e. remove the other 3 rams and insert this problem stick and test ur rig. ideally it would be better if you can use memtestx86 , bootable cd version for it. report back.

well as the screen was moving fast i wasnt able to detect but after reading the name and googling this is the same problem i face in vista

nvlddmkm.sys crashed.....bsod...

i tried changing the rams with my original ones still facing the problem...but it vanishes when i reduce the sticks

have something to do with device driver.....

All this testing was done on vista..becoz for win xp 64 it doesnt boot now even on my original single ram stick...when i remove the drivers 162.XX something something......the defaults load is 93 .XX and than system runs okk but yup but unable to play CS stating less than 15mb memory fatal error

oops this describe my problem.....

http://www.tweakvista.eu/img/articles/99/1168009039.jpg

same BSOD i get

but damn i am getting same error on win xp 64 too...with all 4 sticks on.....what to do???

edit::bottomline with 3 sticks its running fine...i guess the last stuff ill try today will be device driver update and if it still doesnt help will have to work with 3 sticks.....or when new gfx card comes will test with it

Back