Budget 10-15K <Solved> Are there CDMA and VoLTE (jio) supporting phones ?

Currently have a reliance CDMA sim.
Need phone that would work this sim AND with reliance jio voLTE whenever it comes out.

Is their such a phone?
Also what specs should I be looking for ? dual sim - CDMA/volte ?

Googled a lot, but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks in advance

Currently have a reliance CDMA sim.
Need phone that would work this sim AND with reliance jio voLTE whenever it comes out.

Rcom is shutting down CDMA network to make way for 4G. Don't buy a CDMA phone instead buy a GSM phone which supports both 4G on 850/1800/2300Mhz and VoLTE. (LTE bands 3(1800), 5(850), 40(2300).
Ex: http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g4_plus-8050.php

Rcom is going to offer 2G on 1800Mhz and 4G on 850/2300Mhz.

I feel ultimately all telecom companies will shift to 3G /4G and eliminate 2G completely. Ecosystem for 3G on 900 and 4G on 1800Mhz is well established and when the existing non-liberalised spectrum in these bands comes for renewal, it will be liberalised. It makes more sense for companies to offer 3G/4G services on liberalised spectrum therby eliminating 2G. Reliance CDMA is doing exactly this. They have got their 800 mhz spectrum liberalised by paying extra fees and using it to deploy 4G on Band 5 in collabration with JIO.

Redmi note 3
Thanks, but a comment on http://www.xiaomidevice.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-3.html , says :
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 does not support volte,
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro support volte,

Don't buy a CDMA phone instead buy a GSM phone which supports both 4G on 850/1800/2300Mhz and VoLTE. (LTE bands 3(1800), 5(850), 40(2300).
But I have a CDMA SIM and prepaid plan ! Is it straightforward to change to gsm ?

But I have a CDMA SIM and prepaid plan ! Is it straightforward to change to gsm ?
Yet to take a 4G sim, Customer care guys are saying they are offering a FREE sim with RC1 required for upgrade with continuation of same plan and carry forward of present balance but when i visit the store they say you recharge with 200 and get these benefits. Orginally these offers were for RC93. Big time loot going on in Rcom Outlets

Rcom's 4G sim is for free actually they're charging some 1rupee for activation of SIM. Rcom's CDMA is going to shut down in June for sure.

I was charged 100rupees though, have complained to Rcom's appellate. Lets see how they react.

Problem Solved:
Received message from reliance "shutting down CDMA 31st May, get your 4g connection from reliance center"
so went to a reliance service center and received the 4g sim (no cost)! So just have to buy any volte supporting phone now.

PS: the guy said the cdma services shutdown and 4g activation dates could be delayed.
Just my thoughts but the CDMA shutdown could be done in stages, I am in delhi so maybe this is being done here only for now..

Back