[Solved] ASUS Motherboard RMA Issue - Need Assistance

Hi dear friends,
after unlimited harassment from Asus India and no prompt reply from Asus USA, I have finally decided that I would like to try the legal option.
I would not like to go into details of what happened but you can trust me on the fact that I have tried everything on my part.

Alright back to the topic,
From what I have gathered from reading through net is that the general procedure is
1. Send a notice to the Firm ( here Asus India ) and give them a maximum of 30 day timeline to reply.
2. If you receive a positive reply then its good, otherwise you can go to either Consumer Forum and then court or even directly to Consumer court.

But as per what I have read is it is better to try Consumer forum before going to court. The process is generally fast and just.
So I would like to try that route, first consumer forum and then court if needed which would be consumer forum fails to provide justice.

Now I need some guidance on how it is done exactly. Notice I know I can send it myself, do not need a lawyer to do it before going to consumer forum.
But I do not expect any positive reply to the notice, so then Consumer Forum it is.
I would like to know how to approach them and with what material.
Can I fight my own case there as it is not an official court or I would need a lawyer who would obviously charge a truck loads of money.
This I can claim in compensation if I win which I am sure I should but these big corporate have those top lawyers, hence am not so sure if I can stand in front of their manipulation. But I would still like to try for my own satisfaction.

Thanks for your time, hope someone out there does help me out. Any kind of advice is much appreciated, do not hesitate.

Can you give the details of your problem faced with asus as it will help other members too.

Secondly, 1st give notice to company that you are going to file a complaint against them and if they donot give a reply within 15 days, then do to consumer court. There you have to file the complaint by filling their form with a nominal fee and if you are also not satisfied from there, then go to court?

1. Issue a Legal Notice (its not mandatory to send through a lawyer, you can send on your own), elaborate the facts, what was the deficiency in service (and what was promised while purchasing) etc. Ask them to solve the issue in a week (you need not give a months time and all), failing which, you can ask them to pay certain amount as compensation (along with actual damage amount) for mental agony etc or else you will be approaching the consumer forum for relief.
2. Send the Notice through Registered Post with Acknowledgement card (retain a copy of the notice and the receipt of Registered Post)
3. If you are not satisfied with the reply (or no reply), you can file the complain before the District Consumer Forum. You have to draft your complaint (narrating the entire facts and seeking the relief you expect) and make 5 copies of the same and file it in the District Consumer forum. After filing they will give a number to your complaint and fix a date for hearing and send notice to the Respondent (company). You may be asked to rectify any defects in the complaint, by the office of the District consumer forum (and they will guide you, after all they are there to help you).

PS: Lawyers fees are not truck loads for these kind of consumer forum complaints. I am not sure from where you got to know that the lawyers charge in truck loads (movies?)
(I am a Lawyer)

Last edited:
Try posting on this Facebook group: Free Legal Advice

I have seen many take advice from this group, mostly regarding consumer complaints, and it has helped them greatly. Also, it doesn't cost much to lawyer up in these kind of cases. If you have exhausted every available option, then I urge you to go ahead with it.

Can you give the details of your problem faced with asus as it will help other members too.

Secondly, 1st give notice to company that you are going to file a complaint against them and if they donot give a reply within 15 days, then do to consumer court. There you have to file the complaint by filling their form with a nominal fee and if you are also not satisfied from there, then go to court?

Thanks for the reply, I have no problem in giving out the details but I want to wait for sometime. I will prefer to send the notice first.
In short, they denied DOA. I for one have had enough of Asus. Many people warned me that they do not give the equal premium level of service they charge for their products but I did not listen, my bad.

1. Issue a Legal Notice (its not mandatory to send through a lawyer, you can send on your own), elaborate the facts, what was the deficiency in service (and what was promised while purchasing) etc. Ask them to solve the issue in a week (you need not give a months time and all), failing which, you can ask them to pay certain amount as compensation (along with actual damage amount) for mental agony etc or else you will be approaching the consumer forum for relief.
2. Send the Notice through Registered Post with Acknowledgement card (retain a copy of the notice and the receipt of Registered Post)
3. If you are not satisfied with the reply (or no reply), you can file the complain before the District Consumer Forum. You have to draft your complaint (narrating the entire facts and seeking the relief you expect) and make 5 copies of the same and file it in the District Consumer forum. After filing they will give a number to your complaint and fix a date for hearing and send notice to the Respondent (company). You may be asked to rectify any defects in the complaint, by the office of the District consumer forum (and they will guide you, after all they are there to help you).

PS: Lawyers fees are not truck loads for these kind of consumer forum complaints. I am not sure from where you got to know that the lawyers charge in truck loads (movies?)
(I am a Lawyer)

Thanks a lot for the brief reply. I think now the first step is the notice.
Are there any particular rules laid down to ask the compensation ?.

One doubt I had about this notice. I read that I will have to send the notice, that is fine. But what if Asus does not accept it or says we did not receive it or something.
I will definitely, use government speed post. So will have all the proof. That is enough right ?. Asus cannot claim that they did not receive or read the notice or they can ?.

Well as far as I gathered, it is some Rs 500 - 1000 per hearing for a small lawyer also. As we know this thing drags on for months, if the no of hearings are high, then the whole cost of a lawyer would be comparable to the cost of the product( Rs 19000 ). But a friend has told me some lawyers charge a one time fee and fight the case till the end. So will have to look into this matter.
Well you would agree wont you that if the cost of the lawyer will be so high, it would really defeat one purpose of fighting the case. It is a different matter that I also want to go ahead as it will give me self satisfaction that I did not just sit quiet.

Try posting on this Facebook group: Free Legal Advice

I have seen many take advice from this group, mostly regarding consumer complaints, and it has helped them greatly. Also, it doesn't cost much to lawyer up in these kind of cases. If you have exhausted every available option, then I urge you to go ahead with it.

Thanks a lot, their facebook page is closed. But they have mentioned their email id there, I will try to contact them through that.

I tried contacting Asus through all means possible.
1. Phone support - normal. 2. Phone support - escalation team.
3. E-mails on Asus India website. 4. E-mails to 2 people in Asus Head Office (HO). One person I contacted is supposed to a higher official in the HO.
5. E-mail using service.asus.com 6. Escalation Tab at service.asus.com (this works wonders for people in the USA, that is what I was told on their live chat).
I knew it would be of no use but still contacted Asus USA through
1. Live chat 2. E-mail support. 3. Escalations team
I also tried Facebook.

Trust me, I did what I could. All I got was pure frustration and no result. I even warned them that I will go the legal route, so in e-mail they gave me their corporate office address as a response. They do not really care.
Everyone knows its not an easy job to go the legal route, infact I have been advised to keep away from all this as it will only bring more frustration and all the effort may go in vain. The court is also in my district is a whole 3 hour bike ride from my place, very very far. After much consideration I felt that I do not really have any option left.

You tell me what would you have done if you had spent a Rs 19000 on a product which was DOA and you would be told that it can only be repaired when you complained on the 3rd day itself ?. Its complicated her.
Every company has to have a DOA policy. I really made a mistake going the Asus way, Gigabyte now has a clear 7 day DOA policy.

If the company refuses to accept the notice, its deemed to be having knowledge of the same (in law).
Its not necessary for you to get their reply or to make sure that they read your notice (its for them to do so). All you need is the proof that you sent a notice and they received/returned it.

If a lawyer charges you Rs. 500 for a hearing, dont you think thats too little a pay for the lawyer? (when compared to others getting paid in IT industry or even a Govt employee). Even the unskilled labour charges over Rs. 500 per day, they why do we hesitate to pay to Lawyers?
Still, no lawyer is charging that much, they charge mostly case on case basis. May be a 5k for a consumer forum complaint (which is too little, as he needs to attend at least 20 to 30 hearings for it and he gets around Rs. 5000 in total, works out to be below Rs. 175 per day's hearing). Now you tell me, do they charge you a truck load?

Is it worth to fight a case by paying the lawyer? answer depends. Its not always the monetary benefit you are fighting for. You may want to teach a lesson to the company and that may satisfy you.

Even sending a legal notice through a lawyer will do wonders (as company is made to feel that you are more serious and you are already prepared to take the legal battle by issuing a notice through a Lawyer).
That said, you can always said any number of notices to company. So first try sending on your own. Mostly your matter will be settled in the first attempt itself.
Make sure that you address the notice to Managing Director of the company (not to any customer relation or whatever department they have)

If the company refuses to accept the notice, its deemed to be having knowledge of the same (in law).
Its not necessary for you to get their reply or to make sure that they read your notice (its for them to do so). All you need is the proof that you sent a notice and they received/returned it.

If a lawyer charges you Rs. 500 for a hearing, dont you think thats too little a pay for the lawyer? (when compared to others getting paid in IT industry or even a Govt employee). Even the unskilled labour charges over Rs. 500 per day, they why do we hesitate to pay to Lawyers?
Still, no lawyer is charging that much, they charge mostly case on case basis. May be a 5k for a consumer forum complaint (which is too little, as he needs to attend at least 20 to 30 hearings for it and he gets around Rs. 5000 in total, works out to be below Rs. 175 per day's hearing). Now you tell me, do they charge you a truck load?

Is it worth to fight a case by paying the lawyer? answer depends. Its not always the monetary benefit you are fighting for. You may want to teach a lesson to the company and that may satisfy you.

Even sending a legal notice through a lawyer will do wonders (as company is made to feel that you are more serious and you are already prepared to take the legal battle by issuing a notice through a Lawyer).
That said, you can always said any number of notices to company. So first try sending on your own. Mostly your matter will be settled in the first attempt itself.
Make sure that you address the notice to Managing Director of the company (not to any customer relation or whatever department they have)

[ Sorry for the long post ]
Thanks for the reply,
First of all I would really like to apologize to you but you got me totally wrong. I am absolutely not debating whether the amount of Rs 500 for a hearing is unjust. You got me all wrong here. I was talking from my perspective. I was trying to say that this product's cost is Rs 19000, now as you said it can take upto 20-30 hearings, that way the lawyer charge can be Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000. Now again I am absolutely not discussing if it is worth giving Rs 500 per hearing to a lawyer.
You are absolutely right on your explanation. What I was trying to say is for Rs 19000, I spend Rs 15000, financially it wont make sense. I am absolutely not arguing on the point that Rs 500 per hearing is a bomb or something.
Hope you understood what I was trying to say. Well to be frank, I did not know the actually amount that would be charged because when I asked a local lawyer, he asked for Rs 2000 to only send a notice. This is where the "truck load" came from.
That way I assumed that if he is asking such amount for only issuing a notice, forget hearings. I understand you are a lawyer and only you can understand their perspective, I am in no way denying it.
I was just telling something else.
A person advised me to go the consumer court itself, there lawyers outside would charge much less for writing a notice. But it is very far, so I would like to send a notice first from my side, then try from a lawyer.

And the second point is also very valid, the main motivation behind this is not only for monetary gain. Major part of this effort is self satisfaction. A friend of mine told me to think that is it even worth it, because the court is so far from my place, the travel expenses are also not low even if you use public transport which is only a Bus service, these buses are crowded like million sheep stacked in a bus. A bike ride which I would have preferred would drain my pockets of petrol money. Not only that, one way 3 hour travel time means I will have to take a full day off on hearing dates which would again amount to losing money. I work in a private place which does not permit off for personal reason, hell even a valid reason. Only some serious reason is considered. So the actual expense is not only the lawyer, but the travel expenses, salary cuts and most importantly a day of my life gone into something which could have easily been avoided by that firm.
My friend perfectly described that even if I won it would be a Pyrrhic victory.

I was already told that these people will not lose any chance to harass you and keep furthering the dates. It should vary according to the company but the way these people are dealing with me at the moment, am sure they are the villain(movies:p) kinds. Their lawyer may not come giving some reason or the other. Then the party itself may not come, the judge may change, so on. Now again I know this from various sources, not only movies but real stories read and heard. But the sheer anger and frustration that arises from the attitude of these people who care least is very annoying and troubling.
When I warned them that I will go the legal route, they very easily gave me the postal address as if they were always ready for it, lol.

These all factors generally demotivate people from using their rights, rights are in place but so difficult that in the end in trying to exercise you right, you end up losing even more.
I considered everything and thought still I would at least like to give it a try.

As I said, I would sent them a notice tomorrow, first thing in the morning. If it works fine, otherwise I would send them a notice through a lawyer or even directly go to court, whatever you and other friends advice.

Your advice is much appreciated and needed.

Thank you.

You can send a notice immediately and wait for the reply for a week or so.
If you want you can send me the copy of the notice drafted, can give my inputs too, before sending the notice (that is if you need it at all)

Akosha people don't help you, unless you pay them 500 per case.

I had opened a free case like 20-30 days ago.. No one bothered calling or replying..

I had opened a free case like 20-30 days ago.. No one bothered calling or replying..
Hm, I didn't really know that but anyway I didn't expect any real help to be free.
Not sure whether people have got cases resolved through them.

You can send a notice immediately and wait for the reply for a week or so.
If you want you can send me the copy of the notice drafted, can give my inputs too, before sending the notice (that is if you need it at all)

Absolutely why not, please PM me your mail id, I will forward you the notice I have prepared.

You might want to have a look at Akosha.
Just google it.

Sure, I will register a complaint there also.

Well thats how it is I guess, but atleast we can just put it up there. I am not sure if other people read your complaint, at least after tons of googling on that site, I found no complaints against Asus which is impossible. If people could read them, it could serve some purpose.
All I found was only resolved complaints against Voltas and other firms who actually resolved the issue. Its like you can only read positive reviews on the site, not negative ones, similarly I think you can only read about solved cases.
Am not sure, how that site fully works but I was unable to locate any other complaint about Asus India.

Good morning my dear peepul!! :)
I was informed of this thread by some fellow members.

@harry_houdini
If you still want to resolve this amicably, kindly provide the below details ASAP. You may post here or PM me too and i will try my best, rest assured.
  • Where did you buy this from?
  • Do you have the bill?
  • What is the problem with the product?
  • What is is your full system configuration?

@gmano @Crazy_Eddy @prateekS @kestrel5915 @rohitshakti2 @blkrb0t
From the little details I caught up with last night, here is the sequence of events for the information of all interested-
  • You bought a Maximus V Gene. But it had no accessories?? :S
  • You ran into some technical issues with it?
After whatever you deduced to be the issue and whatever ensued between you and helpline that i am not aware of, here is some of the stuff from your mails.
(Might not be absolutely in the right chronological order)
  • You threatened with the following in the very first mail? "I am a member of well known forums and communities here in India. Techenclave.com, Erodov.com, overclockers, etc. I was going to post this suffering after purchasing an ROG board in India on the forums and your Indian facebook but I was advised by a forum owner and members to discuss the matter with you first. They felt I should try to solve the matter amicably before going public and giving negative publicity without talking to Asus directly.".
  • You denied accepting a new Maximus V Gene
  • You asked for a Sabertooth Z87 + a "respectable" graphics card
  • You asked for a Maximus VI Gene in the next reply
  • You asked for a Maximus VI Formula in another reply
  • When asked to provide a bill to process refund request, you submitted a bill with VAT charged but without Vat no.or TIN no
  • When asked for the same, you claimed you could do nothing if dealer didn't provide
  • Then you said you tried but dealer is not cooperating
  • You claimed your dealer bought it from another dealer
  • Then you managed to provide a bill from another dealer but in your name and not your dealer's name (if your dealer bought it from another dealer, bill should be in his name?)
So now, there are 2 bills provided by you, for the same product, from 2 different dealers? :S

You also are continuously posting abusive/derogatory messages against senior officials and ASUS all over ASUS (India) FB page, ASUS ROG FB page and ASUS (Taiwan) FB pages past few days.
You have 4-5 ids on FB.
Didn't check ASUS NA and others. :)

@gmano
Can this be considered for a defmation notice/legal action against the concerned person?

Last edited:
@BIKeINSTEIN
Rishi, I am not an interested party here :p , just giving a picture of how to fight a deficiency in service case.
Regarding the Defamation, yes if a particular person had posted any defaming statements in social media and if you got the proof for the same, you can definitely issue defamation notice and peruse further.

@gmano saar
I do not want to involve any members. I genuinely asked for your advice.

I don't post much nowadays for obvious reasons.
Nice way to not say what went wrong but ask for help to lodge a case against a company- be it any company. :)

I think I should have read the posts properly :shifty:

But anyway, the option I suggested will only be helpful if the case is genuine.

Good morning my dear peepul!! :)
I was informed on this thread by some fellow members.

@harry_houdini
If you still want to resolve this amicably, kindly provide the below details ASAP. You may post here or PM me too and i will try my best, rest assured.
What did you buy?
Where did you buy this from?
Do you have the bill?
What is the problem with the product?
What is is your full system configuration?

@gmano @Crazy_Eddy @prateekS @kestrel5915 @rohitshakti2 @blkrb0t
From the little details I caught up with last night, here is the sequence of events for the information of all interested-
  • You bought a Maximus V Gene. But it had no accessories?? :S
  • You ran into some technical issues with it?
After whatever you deduced to be the issue and whatever ensued between you and helpline that i am not aware of, here is some of the stuff from your mails.
(Might not be absolutely in the right chronological order)
  • You threatened with the following in the very first mail? "I am a member of well known forums and communities here in India. Techenclave.com, Erodov.com, overclockers, etc. I was going to post this suffering after purchasing an ROG board in India on the forums and your Indian facebook but I was advised by a forum owner and members to discuss the matter with you first. They felt I should try to solve the matter amicably before going public and giving negative publicity without talking to Asus directly.".
  • You denied accepting a new Maximus V Gene
  • You asked for a Sabertooth Z87 + a "respectable" graphics card
  • You asked for a Maximus VI Gene in the next reply
  • You asked for a Maximus VI Formula in another reply
  • You asked for a Maximus VI Formula in the next reply
  • When asked to provided a bill to process refund request, you submitted a bill with VAT charged but without TIN no or Vat no.
  • When asked for the same, you claimed you could do nothing if dealer didn't provide
  • Then you said you tried but dealer is not cooperating
  • You claimed your dealer bought it from another dealer
  • Then you provided a bill from another dealer but in your name and not your dealer's name (if your dealer bought it from another dealer, bill should be in his name?)
So now, there are 2 bills provided by you, for the same product, from 2 different dealers? :S

You also are continuously posting abusive/derogatory messages all over ASUS (India) FB page, ASUS ROG FB page and ASUS (Taiwan) FB pages.
Didn't check ASUS NA and others. :)

@gmano
Can this be considered for a defmation notice against the concerned person?

You definitely work with Asus and as totally giving point from only their perspective. These details are only with Asus employees only because I have not told anything about this to anyone on the forums except one person and that is not you.
Also you are giving incomplete information, and am not surprised.
I would have appreciated that if you have heard my part of the story.
All your attempts in this post is to make me look like a culprit, but did you even ask me once what happened ?. Did you try to understand things from my perspective,
the only thing you did here is post things after hearing things out from only one party.
Even if you are trying to say you are a neutral, but if you were a neutral, you should try to understand from my perspective after hearing things out from me.

I asked for other things because I was denied a simple DOA request. Every firm should have a DOA policy. Otherwise companies would start selling products with manufacturing defects.
If you have access to my e-mails, check the phone logs also. Please no don't give incomplete information and try to put me in a bad light. I only started e-mail when phone support failed.

Yes I posted the pictures proving that there were no accessories in the box. I have given all the pictures, what all do you need ?. Tell me what will I do with an extra I/O Plate or a ROG door hanger ?.
Sell it off for a million dollars ?. I/O plate is also a unique product, unique to motherboard. So except a person is madman, no one would complain about missing accessories except when they were actually.
I/O Plate was not missing but damaged, some other accessories were missing. What would I do with some extra sata cables, when all I have is two hard disks and sata cables comes with hard disks also.
BUT YOU CAN CHECK THE MAIL, I HAVE REQUESTED IT IS OK IF I DO NOT GET FULL ACCESSORIES, BUT ATLEAST i NEED THE i/O PLATE.
Check the phone logs also, I clearly told them, Dear Sir, it is ok if you do not send the accessories, just give me the I/O plate.
I even told him if I can buy it from somewhere, I do not mind but I could not find it anywhere locally. I/O plate would not cost more than 100 bucks.
But as I said, its unique.

You know how much Asus harassed me for sending the accessories. Have you checked those e-mails too ?.
Have you seen how they were lying in that matter ?. I can easily paste the e-mails of some lady talking contradictory things.
But no, I wont do that because first of all she is a woman, secondly, the issue is solved. So I am not one who lives in the past, we are not talking of accessories here.

I bought the motherboard from a person who sold me with a rough or kaccha bill. I have acknowledged and accepted that even in an e-mail saying that it was a mistake on my part.
The person just sells things for a little profit after purchasing from a mail dealer. But when Asus manager told that this bill is not a valid one, I instantly accepted that because I did not notice it earlier.
I immediately went to the person who sold me this board. Argued with him the he had cheated me, he said he sells like that only, and does not know what i am talking about. I told him if he does not give me a proper bill, I will complain about him that he charged me a tax and gave rough bill, he begged saying he is just a poor guy who sold it for a little profit (Rs 250/-).
I told him I am facing such and such problem and he is responsible for it. He told do not worry, he will talk to the main dealer from whom he purchased.
I myself went to the main dealer and explained him the situation, he confirmed that this person had bought the board from him on the same date, he had also agreed to pay of the difference in amount to the dealer, so the dealer issued me a proper bill with VAT id and rubber stamp. He changed the bill's name on my name so that I do not face any issue. So that answers your questions as to why it is on my name and not the dealer's name.
I had explained him that warranties are not transferable or I will have a problem with warranty later on, it should be on my name.
You can verify all this. I gave this to the manager but he denied DOA trying to prove that this bill was fake.
So I have ONE PROPER BILL for it. ONE VALID BILL from ONE DEALER :S.

Now you tell me, anyone can be cheated or fooled. No one is a GOD, in a hurry I did not see that was a kaccha bill. I still accept that it is an invalid bill and the manager was right on his part pointing it out. But when i provided a proper bill, why was the manager thinking I have given a fake bill again ?. The shop owner told me that he is ready to talk to the manager and confirm that the board was purchased on the very same date.
Everyone has one of those stupid days. I made a MISTAKE, acknowledged and accepted of that rough bill, but you went way too far when your team was claiming that a proper bill was fake.
Please understand from a humane perspective but you are hired by Asus.

I ask everyone here, if I am cheated and am given a wrong bill. I go and argue with the person who sold it to me, and then get a right bill from the right dealer, who is my fault in all this except that I was a fool in not seeing that was a rough bill in a hurry ?. Tomorrow even if someone gives you a wrong bill, even with a VAT id, what will you do ?. The main shop owner showed me that there is an online system in which you can use VAT id to verify that dealer's name and contact details.
So suppose someone gave you a wrong bill, you find that out and then are able to get a proper bill. What is so wrong in it ?. You are not at fault. You as a consumer were wronged or cheated.
It is not only about DOA, it is that tomorrow I can have problems with the motherboard some couple of years later, so if these people are calling this bill wrong, where do I do ?. That is why I told them, please give a refund because I was worried about this situation where in if I have problems with the motherboard and it wont get repaired in the warranty term by these people claiming that your bill is not valid, what can I do ?.

You tell me Mr Bike, you are smart so you wont be fooled right, but consider this situation. Just consider, trying to give a situation. If your elder sister purchases some jewellery from a shop and later finds out that the bill is not valid bill when she is trying to sell it to someone and the person who wanted to purchase it pointed it out.
She goes and argues with the jeweller and the jeweller says he is not registered( legal or illegal) whatever it might be, he asks someone whom get sources stuff from to give the bill.
Would it be wrong on part of your sister ?. The person who wanted to purchase it might think your sister is a cheater, but actually she was herself a VICTIM. We are not talking about the dealer in question, he is wrong that is out of doubt, he is doing illegal stuff, that cannot be doubted, but we are talking about your sister, who is a VICTIM herself, not CHEATER.
Wont you feel bad if that person who was going to purchase go out in the world and say this person is a cheater ?. Only you know and your sister knows your intention was never to cheat, you were a VICTIM in the situation, even though it might be silly on her part to not verify the bill properly, that does not make her a cheater, naive or stupid may be, not a cheater.

So my dear friend, I am VICTIM here, naive, stupid whatever you call, but not a cheater.

I am a common person, not some rich lad. I today have to buy a new motherboard for the same price and hand it over to my brother because he rejected using a repaired motherboard after paying for a new one and blamed everything on me.
IT STING me badly when Asus denied DOA, I felt very bad, this is my hard earned money. And it not like the board was used for 3 months and I am asking about this.
I know when to ask for a DOA and when not.

You have the bill, you can ask the owner, you are most welcome here to check the invoice and talk to the owner personally. He was ready to explain the bill situation to the manager.
We tried calling him on the phone number given on his e-mail contact details. But no one ever picked up.

Now again you are giving wrong facts.
1. I was never offered a new V gene.
2. I argued that I deserve a DOA , the manager agreed but because of this bill issue denied DOA.
If I wanted those things, why would I be arguing about a DOA ?. Do you even use your brains or just talk in the air ?.

I told him as a compensation I will ask more, right. I may have been a bit naive in anger, but when I have a LGA 1155 processor, what will I do with a LGA 1150 motherboard?. So in a stupid attempt to tell him that if he did not give a DOA, he will have to give me much more. And we choose ivy bridge over haswell even thou both costed the same. So it was a personal choice. We purposely went for Ivy and not Haswell. I am not a diplomat and do not know how to talk diplomatically, neither I am some PR expert. So I dont deny that, but you ask the manager,
you want me to paste the e-mail here ?. The only thing in the end I was asking was a DOA, DOA, DOA.
CHECK MY LAST MAIL, even in that I am asking, why are they not giving a DOA ?.
You phrased everything according to your convenience.
I am not brain-dead to not understand that no one will give a expensive motherboard + a graphics card in return for a comparatively cheaper motherboard, lol. It was a stupid attempt to make them accept my DOA request.
If you want, I can also post a message where your manager has said, Sir if it meets the DOA policy you will get a DOA or a repair. I did not object to that!.

About the facebook saga, my only purpose was to get attention from Asus. The only thing I wanted was that except for this manager, someone else hear out the issue but everytime i was directed only to this manager.
You can check on the above post that the different kinds, dude I have tried so so much to contact some higher up in Asus and explain him the situation. But all attempts failed, so went to facebook.
You can check the Asus facebook chat also, they told me that they will talk and ask them to contact me. But every way I tried , people only kept transferring to this manager.

ASK your phone support main head, Mr Abhay Singh Thakur. Ask him did I not try to solve the issue through them ?. He told me that he will escalate the matter and someone else will look into it.
I even explained the bill situation to him, he also said it is ok, no big deal, the manager should have accepted the second bill. He confirmed on phone that it was not a big issue at all.
This all phone conversation is recorded right ?.
Go and check it for yourself. Please get your facts right and then blame me for things.
I tried many times to talk to Mr Abhay again but he told me that some Mr Wahab from the HO will reply. But the only person I got a reply was from this manager.

You talk of North America, I have used their live chat service at night, you can see the conversations there also. They told me I can shoot them a mail, they will try to escalate the matter.
All I got in return was again this same manager.

You can go ahead and file a defamation case. Please do not try and threaten me, go ahead and send the notice.
I will send the notice, in that also the issue I have stated is the DOA issue.

Even you did not want to solve the issue amicably. Otherwise you would have PMed me and asked the details. But what you did show Asus's motive, just to threaten me.
If after seeing my thread you would have contacted me, I would be more than happy to settle the matter with a refund or DOA. I would have explained you the situation from my side.
You did not even ask me what happened, you did not ask me my part of the story and then judge everything. But you choose to come out with only Asus's part of the story and try to threaten me.
I did not take names because I did not want to get personal or even talk out the details because I knew Asus will shout out that you are trying to defame us.
I tried every way of contacting Asus.

My main and only purpose of everything I did was to get my issue solved in a just manner.
All I wanted was someone other than this manager look into the matter, hear me out.
I have every proof of my efforts to get the issue resolved between me and Asus.
You think I have nothing to do in life ?. I am wasting so much time, efforts and money.

I again reiterate humbly that all I wanted is was a DOA. I told the manager, Dear Sir, I cannot accept a repaired motherboard after paying for a new one.
When they troubled me so much, I thought I cannot deal with Asus so asked for a refund.
So the only two things I have asked in the end is a DOA or a refund. Nothing else please.
I do not want your formulas or genes, thank you.
You want me to paste the notice ?. You will receive it by tomorrow, please see, even in that I am not asking for anything other than a refund. I am not asking extra money, harassment compensation or anything.

If you feel I have edited it after seeing your post, I can give another forum member's id who saw my notice last night. I do not ask for more than I deserve and do not want such a thing.
Do you know Sumon Pathak ?. Ask him what I discussed with him last night, all I was asking was a DOA and the reason for its denial. Did not ask him to use his contacts in Asus and tell anyone in Asus for giving me a free upgrade.

What else do you need ?. You can try to threaten me as much as you want, but it does not solve anything. I do not feel threatened at all, let me tell you that.
You are most welcome on lunch at my place and verify everything yourself. I can also take you to the owner of the shop.
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and take sides of your colleagues in ASUS, but it would have been only a fair thing if you had given me a chance to state my part of the story.

I believe in the right to opinion, everyone has every right to his own opinion, thinking, but it should always be after hearing out both sides.

You can keep arguing about this because you think you are right on your part, I think I am right on my part. So this talks on this thread wont solve any issue.
If you have any issues with me, create another thread, I created this thread to take help from forum members regarding the case.
And please I am no PR expert, I am a normal person who can do mistakes. You can declare me a crook and hang me. You can use complex words and manipulations to try to prove your point, but if you see from a normal person's view
I am only a troubled person who feels wronged, nothing else. Am no expert with words so again my phrasing might not be perfect.

So tell me what is your purpose of this post ?.
1. I acknowledged and accepted , agreed whatever word you use, my mistake of the kaccha bill. So even I accepted it is not a valid bill.
Hence I HAVE ONE VALID Bill. I was successful in getting justice for me got a proper bill. If that dealer did not give a proper bill, I would have accepted mistake on my part and withdrawn all claims.
But I did get the bill.

2. My only request was that I am a VICTIM, please be humane and understand my problem.
3. But the manager rejected.
4. So I try every method to contact someone else in Asus.
5. Does not work out.
6. Before deciding to go to court and post a thread here, I send a last e-mail requesting the reason for denial of DOA, might be they had some issue with some point, but no reply.
7. So I post the thread
8. Asus employee/ reprsentative comes and gives facts without asking me what happened, without hearing out my side of the story.
9. What did it solve ?.

I fail the understand the real purpose of your post, was it to solve the issue, if yes, why not hear me out first rather than just trying to make me look bad ?.
Threaten me ?.

PS: You people can point out my mistakes here, I will readily accept if I have done something wrong. I did accept that accepting a kaccha bill was wrong, I never denied it saying no it was right, only the dealer cheated me, NO, it was my mistake also. I agree in frustration of DOA denial, I might have written things that hurt someone's sentiments, I apologize for that. The DOA was only rejected because of this billing issue which I have already explained. Why did not Asus manager be more humane or customer friendly and understand the situation ?. Their phone support accepted that its ok, can happen and was not a big issue, but the manager for some reason I do not know was just in a mood to think I was a cheater.
In short, I do not deny there has been no confusion from my side or I have been perfect, but Asus instead of understanding the situation choose to not help me. IT was their choice, I cannot do anything about it. You really think I would think of going to court or issuing notice if I was a cheater or a wrong doer ?. Why would anyone do that dear friends ?.

Last edited:
I am not able to quote, sorry for the long post. Hope I have not been reported for that :(.

Dear Aman, sorry for the long post. I was not even listing out the details here, I was simply asking for the procedure for consumer case. I am not jobless or some college student.
I have taken an off with a salary cut to solve this issue.
This guy comes with one side of the story and also threatens me with a defamation case.
First part he claims that he can solve the problem, second part he starts bashing me, third part he threatens me. How contradicting ?.
What do you gather was the real purpose of his post ?.
Did he say that he can solve the issue as he has contacts just for formality ?.
Because if he was really interested in solving it, he would atleast give me a chance to present my part. Give me a chance to explain the situation to him. But he just shouts out those things on my thread which is of a different topic.

This is what has happened everytime I tried to contact someone from Asus higher up, all I got was false promises of call backs and "look into the matter" promises but no one actually cared to try to solve it out, the same this particular person is doing. Instead of really trying to help me out, all I get is an attempt to make me look bad and threaten me.

Last edited:
In this thread am not bashing Asus or even detailed the facts before their rep came here.
I was just asking simple things about Consumer court stuff.

I think I should have read the posts properly :shifty:

But anyway, the option I suggested will only be helpful if the case is genuine.

It is genuine my friend, you think I would risk my self respect openly on an online forum where thousands of people come daily ?.
It not like there has been no mistake from my side, there have been but Asus left no stone untouched in complicating and harassing me, and now they even come and threaten me.
The boards he is mentioning are Rs 5000 more than what I paid for the gene. It is not a small amount atleast for me, but if I wanted them that badly, I would have waited for a month for next salary. Anyways I bought the board for my brother.
We chose gene. We could have chosen something better.
What they are trying to portray is we bought the gene and created this complex situation to get freebies or upgrade.

Well now the facts are there, you are totally entitled to your opinion and I respect it.

I did not even list the details here, was just inquiring about the procedure for consumer case.
This guy comes out with one side of the story and incomplete facts. Should I not reply in brief ?.
And I fail the understand the purpose of his post. First part he says you can give me the details. He could have told that and be done with it.
After hearing me out given out the facts here. But he directly before hearing me out just posted what he gathered from his Asus colleagues.
So If I do not reply, people will think that I am the bad guy here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back