iOS SOLVED: iphone 6 plus cracked screen and no replacement in india

Guys, pls help me too. My iPhone 6 Plus screen has cracked and since saurabh found a solution to get it replaced from a reliable guy, pls help me with the contact details of this person too.

I am based out of Delhi

@cisco_tech kindly suggest what should I do. I am so concerned if it'll still work as smooth

Mine was also bought in the US about the same time last year

Oh ok. I thought you knew someone in delhi. I am more concerned about getting it done from the right person.
Thanks for your help anyway

I have an original 6 Plus screen if you are interested in buying. Basically I bought an iCloud locked phone by mistake from eBay US and now I have to sell it for parts. Let me know if you are interested. I can also guide you towards a well known repair guy from Gaffar Market. My screen is white btw.

For Delhi based guys you can contact gadgetwood. I have had good experience with them. They are very reliable and have fantastic service quality. You can visit them via link below:
http://gadgetwood.com/
They have free pickup and drop service as well.

Hello. I am from Chandigarh. My husband's iPhone 6 screen got cracked this morning. It is probably a usa purchase. Last time the service center said its service is not covered here. Today i called up some centres. Only one apple centre in Chandigarh (out of those mentioned on Apple website) replied. They said 12500 for an original. 8-10 days for processing. In Mohali.

It made me even more disappointed. But then i got another store number in sector 47. They asked if touch display is working. I said yes. And they claimed they are original and will do it for 5k im 2-2.5 hrs. But I found out that they are not authorised.

So all this while i was thinking that those 12.5k people are going to do original Apple screen and not others.

But now i came across this discussion. And i feel that 12.5 is also first copy after reading this. What do you think?

And what would be a better option? Do I have any other options. We are on a tight budget. The phone was purchased in starting of October 2014.

And by last time i mean that last time when he needed service for some other issue. That time the service centre said it is not serviceable here.

They asked if touch display is working. I said yes. And they claimed they are original and will do it for 5k im 2-2.5 hrs.
Do you know what exact part they want to replace? Because if i remember correctly "display/screen" for smartphones is actually a group of components viz. external glass, actual touch display and digitizer or whatever its called. You said the phone has a cracked screen but touch is working fine so i assume its a cracked glass. If the iPhone display comes together (factory soldered) in one single component then you need to get the whole thing replaced but if only the external glass can be changed then 5k doesn't sound bad. But displays vary from one phone to another and i know nothing about iPhones so please read this with caution.
And i feel that 12.5 is also first copy after reading this. What do you think?

And what would be a better option? Do I have any other options. We are on a tight budget. The phone was purchased in starting of October 2014.

I've also only recently came to know that some "authorized sellers" of iPhones have their own services/repair centers but which are apparently not "Apple authorized/Apple certified" so it is likely that is a copy/third party displays. You can find similar displays online on ebay and aliexpress but the thing with thirdparty displays is you won't know how good/bad it is till you've actually used it. So i suggest getting it locally done if possible and negotiate on the price. Don't simply trust the seller's description and users review.

Thanks!
As far as i have learnt from here, iPhones also have all those things fused into one. But my friends say that the local replacements work fine without any hassles

Thanks!
As far as i have learnt from here, iPhones also have all those things fused into one. But my friends say that the local replacements work fine without any hassles
If you are able to change the brightness of the lcd then 99% chances are that it's original.

Thing is that third party lcd are usually not able to change brightness. Also, now the cost of iphone itself have came down so much. No wonder that lcd might have also become that much cheaper.

Also, giving 2 times the amount to the so called authorised service center is not a wise thing to do. Especially when the grey market components are all over the place.

Just ask the local repairman whether you would be able to change brightness or not. If he says yes then go with it. Iphone repair for that much is not worth it. Specially when other Androids mobiles are easily available for much lesser.

Back