CPU/Mobo [Solved] mouse left button died

Safin

Skilled
:huh:
in the afternoon had a bit of a pc hang after i opened a bit too many programs and tried to do some processor intensive tasks (replacing some content in notepad file which was 10k lines and notepad hung. Alsong with that lots of other proggys were going on in background.

Anyway the pc recovered in 1 min but the left button of my logitech 3 button plain optical has died since then. Using the primary button switch and right as left for now.

Disconnected the cord, uninstalled drivers(default xp) and then reinstalled still same probs...

The mouse has died or is it software :huh:

Might have happened the left button got damaged some how.

Happened to my 5yr old Hewlett Packard Mouse threw it and got a new
microsoft optical mouse ;)

BTW how old is ur mouse.

2 years max.. but it was working perfectly.. no hangs missed clicks anything.

Had this hang and its dead.

Xto tells me he had similar prob and it turned to be msn at fault.

Could be a software issue?

Quad Master said:
if u feel its a software issue then.

Try to load linux from any live CD like Knoppix and check ur mouse.
Simple.
Better still...go to ur friends house...and try the mouse....will save u some linux trouble if u have any;)

But do try what i said.....it worked in my case.....

Was your cat around when the mouse died... LOL the best solution is to try it with knoopix CD as quady pointed out...

well i love my mouse.. have a cat at home.. this one is her fav also ;)

reminds me she was mewing a lot this afternoon ... ummmm :rofl:

If the mouse really has gone bad, its most the probably the click switch which has died. Happened to me also once, but you can fix is easily, provided you know soldering.Open up the mouse, Unsolder the middle mouse botton switch(assuming you don't use the middle mouse botton), replace this switch with your left button switch, solder it, and whola u'r mouse is good as new (new 2 button mouse that is :p)

opened it, cleaned it...

its working but not as well.

on the middle and outer edges works.. on the edges of the hand side the click is not respoding(only the left clcik)

looks like a contact prob to me.

get a new one..i have a frontech ball mouse PS2 for 120bux..shape's very good..has blue illuminated scroll too ;)

get a new one..i have a frontech ball mouse PS2 for 120bux..shape's very good..has blue illuminated scroll too ;)

Back