Sony changes the DSLR game - the A55 and A33 are launched!

Does anyone have an idea how the workflow for 1080i and 1080p video editing differ ....

For making amateur movies will 1080i be a problem compared to 1080p

Can a 1080i clip be converted to 1080p..... I knw I can google but just asking in case anyone is into movie making

Yes it can be converted to 1080p ,i don't know much about editors but one such editor like final cut is supposed to read the 1080p by default according to the review .Just like in the sony NEX 3/5 or NEX camcorder.
For video broadcast and sports 1080i is the preferred format,since 1080p 24 can be quite choppy for fast action sports.

The sony A33/A55 ,A560/A580 and NEX cameras all shoot 1080i at 60/50fps which complies to the AVHCD format,(this can be converted to 1080p 24/30) AVHCD standard doesn't officialy support 1080p.
They also shoot in 1440x1080p in MPEG4 format.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BF1983 said:
India is a small market because those Sony #$#$#& head honchos have overpriced all the freaking lenses and accessories in India. :mad:

I meant generally DSLR market in india is still quite small.unlike the dslr market Sony india is no 1 in DSC(Digital Still Camera ) and camcorder market,with a comfortable lead.

BTW the NDA signed by journalists on 23 August for the" never before seen cameras " was it other then what was announced that day .
But it would be nice if they get a A77 and A99 with weather seal all metal body.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

One more video of sony video capabilty

For those who don't know what is phase detect and contrast focus and what it means for photography and video.They also explain about SLT and SLR.

Back