Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo

nigelalves

Disciple
Should i go for the sony ericsson xperia neo-16.7k :D....sealed pack...but no warranty :(

or should i buy the defy for 14.5 k with a 1 year warranty :)...

i cant exceed my budget beyond 17k...so i ve to decide between the 2 only...

is warranty all that necessary if i take care to avoid any physically damage to the phone?

also will the sony ericsson guys service the cell if a problem arises even though it is not officially available in India?

basic usage will be music and games...

i know that the neo is imported too..but i dont want to import one myself..

so if it was only between these 2..then what should i do..

@dark AFAIK galaxy s on ebay was for ~15k(may be i am looking at the wrong place..am a noob in online shopping)

i thnk u shud go for d neo.. much better dan d defy. also be it any mobile problems occur only after 1 year.. :bleh:

so go for d neo.. better cpu (1ghz), android 2.3, 8mp cam, wat else do we need.. ;)

[MOD]Please refrain from using SMS Lingo. Your next such post will be officially warned[/MOD]

Should i go for the sony ericsson xperia neo-16.7k ....sealed pack...but no warranty

or should i buy the defy for 14.5 k with a 1 year warranty ...

i cant exceed my budget beyond 17k...so i ve to decide between the 2 only...

is warranty all that necessary if i take care to avoid any physically damage to the phone?

also will the sony ericsson guys service the cell if a problem arises even though it is not officially available in India?

basic usage will be music and games...

Regardless of how you careful you use the phone, you cannot predict problem that might occur internally (Hardware/Software) or even related to screen. So we cannot be sure. I bought a Nexus S 4G which was problematic right from the get go. I bought it new, opened the box and immediately the trouble started with touchscreen and also light bleeding. I was able to exchange for another one within 30 days, So who knows. I am not saying everything will be like that, but you never know. So having warranty will give you peace of mind that atleast you are covered.

But spec wise, Xperia Neo is much better than Defy because I believe Adrenos 205 is much better for gaming compared to PowerVr SGX 530. Even the processor is good. So you are covered. Also the multimedia is better. So If I was to choose between two, I would say Neo. But I would be careful about the warranty.

I do not see why not Sony will not take a look at Neo, if something happens to it. But you might be responsible for the repair costs.

If you are ok with all this, then definitely take Neo because it is better in all aspects.

DarkAngel said:
If you dont care for warranty then you can even import a Motorola Atrix for ~18k or so and a Samsung Galaxy S for ~11k.

Galaxy S Variant Captivate and Vibant cost anywhere from 13-15k. While Samsung Focus cost 10-12k.

I don't know about the SE service centres where you are located but I'm more than sure that the SE guys here will not repair it.

As aradhakr84 said, its a gamble. You may never have any problems with your Neo, which is the general case. BUT, if something does go wrong (esp hardware related), you'll be in a fix on how to get it repaired. If you take extremely good care of your phone then the chance of that happening is even less. Its up to you now.

^^ i am thinking about the sl i9003 too...its avaialble for 17k...

but then i dont find it worth the 2.5k extra (as compared to the defy) just for the 4'inch screen and 1ghz processor...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thanks for the advice guys...

i mostly will not go for the neo...as i dont think i will be able to afford any major defects that might occur atleast within a year..

nigelalves said:
^^ i am thinking about the sl i9003 too...its avaialble for 17k...

but then i dont find it worth the 2.5k extra (as compared to the defy) just for the 4'inch screen and 1ghz processor...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thanks for the advice guys...

i mostly will not go for the neo...as i dont think i will be able to afford any major defects that might occur atleast within a year..

in Delhi, SE service centers will repair any se phone, but they will treat it as out of warranty product and charge accordingly

aka911 said:
in Delhi, SE service centers will repair any se phone, but they will treat it as out of warranty product and charge accordingly
Are you sure? Back when I had a G705, the ones in Ahmedabad flat out refused to fix its screen despite telling them over and over that it was exactly the same as a W715.

NO, they wont repair models that are not available in India officially.

But If it is available in India officially and Even If you have bought it from abroad/Grey markey they will repair it.

Also they might refuse to repair it If the phones have t-mobile/voda logos or are region specific.

For Ex , If you have a SE X10i( say bought in Hongkong) They will repair it. But If you have X10a They wont.

Now the Neo is official in India, or not,Thats the question

Back