Sony KLV-32EX400 for 31700 on ebay. Is it worth it ?

elendil

Disciple
I've been on a lookout for a 32 inch. I came across this today. Its considerably cheaper than what the MRP is.
eBay India: SONY BRAVIA EX SERIES KLV-32EX400 LCD TV 32 INCHES 32" (item 280492252744 end time 21-Apr-2010 08:00:00 IST)

I live in Mumbai and the seller is in Kolkata. Will duty come into the pic ?

Also this is the warranty info. I dont really know what to make of it
1) Warranty is applicable to equipment purchased from RRelectronics Store or their branches. In the event of defect in material or workmanship RRelectronics Store at it's discreation will repair or replace the defective product provided the customer returns the defective products to RRelectronics Store service center at his/her own cost.

2) During the peroid of warranty product will be repair free of cost (Service only) and if any replacement of defective parts needed will be charged to customer.

3) This warranty is void if the product is damaged after delivery by an accident, natural calamites, mishandling, failure to follow operational instructions, repaired or opend by unauthorised persons, improper safe keeing or other acts of god.

4) Any breakage while sending the product back to us will be customers responsibility and therefore please ensure proper packing

5) All disputes are subject to kolkata jurisdiction.

I'd really like some advice on this.
Cheers.

The seller is providing dealer warranty - not manufacturer warranty. Might mean this is a grey market product. Pricing is good, personally though I wouldn't go for it. Also at 32" a HD ready and full HD don't exhibit marked difference at regular viewing distances. Unless you plan to use this as a monitor, I would recommend the Samsung 32" 4 series HD ready which is up for 26K - market price is 30K, and you also get the manufacturer warranty.

Back