Sony NW-HD5 - Hdd based Mp3 player

if my calculations are right, its still in excess of US$300.. but it sure looks cool.. but then why not, its a Sony, afterall! ;)

If i've understood right from that *impressive* translation of the page :bleh:
- Sony finally removes the ATRAC3 only restriction from its HDD player!! The previous gen was a major letdown cause even MP3s that you were transferring to the player had to be encoded to ATRAC3 and then transferred, and we all know how terrible compressing an already compressed audio file will sound!
- 30GB battery life for a 128Kbps MP3 ! That sounds pretty high compared to all the 12-18 hours we've been hearing from the iPods and Zens.

Who is gonna buy a HDD mp3 player that is pricier than an Ipod?
Sony have to accept that apple are the leaders in this market both in terms of price and market share.
Do'esnt look to have any big advantage over the ipod either.

guru said:
=> 30hrs i guess :tongue:
Oops, Sorry for the typo ;)
Who is gonna buy a HDD mp3 player that is pricier than an Ipod?
Sony have to accept that apple are the leaders in this market both in terms of price and market share.
Do'esnt look to have any big advantage over the ipod either.
Well, the price is a rough estimate, it might be lower than that or come down after a while of its release. Still true it might not have much to overtake the iPod. However people who feel the iPod is too common might go for it in a bid to be unique :D

lol my phone e398 can also be called HDD based mp3 player, since it plays good mp3's and the computer recognizes it not as a mobile phone but as removable usb storage HDD. now all i need is bigger memory card for the phone to hold more data :p

Back