Sony PS Vita - Discussion Thread

Ordered mine
<

Amazoncom-Order002-5946007-0765046.png

Just played the Gravity Rush and Uncharted demos at a store. The screen is brilliant and the system looks amazing. Gravity Daze looked awesome. Am not too impressed with the positioning of the analog sticks (And I might have preferred them to have a bit more resistance.) The left analog stick should have swapped its location with the d-pad. The D-Pad is quite nice and the buttons feel great as well. It might be an odd complaint, but the system feels very light in my hands.

At ~$200, I would have jumped on it. But $325 before I can even start playing a game is a bit much.

Although the device is astonishing...I'll rather buy a ps3 or wait a bit and buy 7970.
<

I think it's aiming at people who already have a PS3. I don't think it has much to offer for people otherwise.

Also once you get a PS3 it makes no difference whether the PS3 is 20k, 15k or 10k. The Vita looks like a whole new world.

Waiting for a price drop on the 7970? Or driver issues to be sorted out?

I was going to get a Xperia Play until this came. The play sells for 21k now. The PSV in comparison at 20k Indian price seems like a good deal, atleast to me. If you want a phone feature added to the PSV then add 1.1k extra and buy a Nokia 1100, which gives you better battery life and also can be used as a hammer to hammer nails or to jack your car.

BTW the Vita might most probably see a price revision after 3 months.
<

no point comparing the vita and the ps3 at all.

most people who have a ps3 and have a penchant for playing games on the go and are looking at serious portable gaming will take the vita.

i agree that 23 k is a steep price,but i dont think it will be as low as 10 to 12 k as some of you folks are talking about.infact i feel that 17 k is the best price with proprieties included and a fair price with what the device offers.it wont be a terrific seller because it is basically targeting a narrow market.in the future around 3 years down the line when it gets a 10 k price and a good gaming library,it will sell bucket loads.currently i think they do be well to reach a million mark in a quarter.

I am ok with the price of the console itself, but checkout the ridiculously priced games. No way I can spend so much for each game. I have my 360 and PC for full fledged gaming while i will stick to my android for portable action.

^^ that is exactly the problem where sony has scored an own goal.

They are using cheap tactics with extra's and games.they are trying to cover up their own production loss which puts a bad taste.instead of making bundled proprieties and pricing games appropriately,they are trying to milk the situation aka the ps2.

I have nothing against the device as it is marvellous,just hoping sony see's a bit more sense in the future.

I dont have a ps3 no thats why...was kinda been savin up for 7970 i have 33k but it turned out to be 37-39k.
<
but will buy it after iit and aieee.

I dont have a ps3 no thats why...was kinda been savin up for 7970 i have 33k but it turned out to be 37-39k. but will buy it after iit and aieee.

You should really get a PS3 first. Pc gaming and console are incomparable. They do not compete but complement each other.

I have a PS3 and a 6790 setup and my gaming life is bliss with the combo. Looking for PS Vita for that missing mobile action. Have an android, iPod and an iPhone at home but the games in them don't interest me one bit. Ah, yes angry birds was fun but seriously why compare mobiles to vita? The gaming is incomparable...

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

I have my 360 and PC for full fledged gaming while i will stick to my android for portable action.

People who are looking for more in the portable gaming scene would still vouch for the Vita. It's a gen or two ahead of where android and iOS games are today.

Ah but yes gaming is now an expensive hobby, very expensive hobby.

With huge investments and the long time taken to develop a game now q days only confirms the future to keep this trend of expensive games alive.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

I'm ok with the price of the Vita but its the super expensive memory cards + games which are killing it for me. Can't spend that much on it right now.. Will wait till later in the year or maybe the first revision. They'll improve the battery life too i guess. I still love my PSP.. have three of them. One of each type << not got the Go or wifi-less model though >>

I'm ok with the price of the Vita but its the super expensive memory cards + games which are killing it for me. Can't spend that much on it right now.. Will wait till later in the year or maybe the first revision. They'll improve the battery life too i guess. I still love my PSP.. have three of them. One of each type << not got the Go or wifi-less model though >>

^That has always been a problem with the consoles. The 8MB PS2 card still sells for 500bucks iirc. Beat that
<

I got the Mem for 1000bucks luckily from US. Out here the prices are a daylight loot. I am okay with game prices as long as the games are worth it. Like the Rayman series which is the same as the console version. I want games which make PS3 redundant. Strictly my opinion. Pls do not debate that. Also for half of my games I will stick for used copies while will pre-order the totally worth ones at full price.

Ofcourse if I had to buy a 16GB or 32GB mem card and buy every game off the stands then I would stick to a Gameboy SP
<

Of course (Hindi to Eng) the fruit tastes sweeter when you wait (for it to ripe- I presume), so yeah the early adopters get a better deal. It's the ones who do not want to wait will get it. This is my first time purchasing a console at its release in it's first version. After buying the slim models of every PS that came out what I realised is that I would rather have had a year or better headstart with a crappy library, poor drivers and bugs then wait for 2-3years in search of the perfect system. (it's like ditching the girl next door so that you can marry a supermodel) I am settling for the girl next door this time.
<
(you can always upgrade later - talking about Vita here
<
)

I have seen the same trend for every console release. I'm getting it since I have played the waiting game for 5 of my console purchases and also as this is a gift for my brother.

I would still suggest people to go in this order>

PS3 or PC

PC or PS3 /xbox
<

Android / iOS

Still unsatisfied > PS Vita

Peace, V

^^ Yea but i'll want a 16/32GB card coz i want to go with a digital library this time round. Seeing how people who bought digital for the PSP can still play their games while us UMD buyers have to get em again , i'll want to stick with the safer option
<

Terrible load times, no multi-tasking, expensive games, proprietory memory, lack of android platform pretty much reflect in the sales numbers in Japan. I'd take a psp with an emulator if I must have on-the-go gaming.

Focus on AIEEE and IIT.

For all you know your college will be at a place far from home, and the HD7970 will be sitting eating dust at home (then a upcoming Trinity based lappy will make sense)

Terrible load times, no multi-tasking, expensive games, proprietory memory, lack of android platform pretty much reflect in the sales numbers in Japan. I'd take a psp with an emulator if I must have on-the-go gaming.

the load times are fine,multitasking isn't needed imo for a gaming portable console and the o.s that sony developed is fantastic.

the games,to be honest are absolutely stunning.i was hell bent in not getting this but after having a demo,it brings i would say 90% of the ps3 experience in your hands and that is a absolutely fantastic achievement on sony's part.

the 19 k price should have been included with a mmc,this is the only part where they dropped a bollock.

Did I mention, how awesome the PS Vita is. Among all that discussion I totally forgot, it's worth every penny. Totally love this. I so damn wish I could just put all my PS3 games onto this. It looks capable and powerful enough for the job too.

It's a good device. 5k for 32Gb card is a pain but it's mandatory.

I would strongly suggest it to anyone interested in a Vita.

Casual gamers would be disappointed. Casual gamers imply very casual gamers, like the ones satisfied with iOS/Android games and would actually pitch this against that the Vita. It's like saying, can you buy milk from the supermarket in your ferrari, No? I can in my Toyota. (Supercars are damn uncomfortable)

It's Not worth it . Obviously in the case Of Sarath_ , he got it at 250$ with a 4 Gb memory card , in that case i would say it's worth it .

It is totally worth at 12,500 , but it's indian price at 18,000 , is about 5500 extra . Also the memory cards being proprietary are more expensive to compensate for this sony should have offered the Vita in india around 13-14k only .

It's Not worth it . Obviously in the case Of Sarath_ , he got it at 250$ with a 4 Gb memory card , in that case i would say it's worth it .

It is totally worth at 12,500 , but it's indian price at 18,000 , is about 5500 extra . Also the memory cards being proprietary are more expensive to compensate for this sony should have offered the Vita in india around 13-14k only .

i agree and disagree.

to have a usable ps vita at this current moment will cost about 26 k.[psvita+mmc+game+travel kit/starter kit].is it worth it at 26 k? maybe if you have the cash.but is it bang for the buck? absolutely no.

after playing with the vita for about 3 days now i feel that it gives an unbelievable portable experience.the launch games have been very impressive.golden abyss and fifa have scored well,the latter abeit with some bugs.

the operating software which sony have developed is absolutely fantastic and really fast.the screen is absolutely gorgeous.looks as good as the super amoled on my note.

the real killer feature will be full baked games.currently games are half baked and you can feel that when you play them.its understandable given that sony were never going to beat the deadline and developers were never gonna miss a chance to cash in on the novelty.resistance and cod will give this the push it deserves and suddenly everything is looking rosy for sony.

after a silent start,the dark beast is well in the game.

as for the price drop,its all but a dream.sony india will never drop the price ,atleast not so early in its lifecycyle.eventhough it is insanely priced it has sold out well in india;even better than sony india's expectations.best bet is to import it from outside which will cost around about 21 k.now the questions which stares you is,whether you are willing to pay 5 k for the warranty?

i do take 26 k with warranty anyday because not only does it give me peace of mind for one year,but also a 50% price deficit after 1 year should i decide to return my dead vita and get a new one.

I have a friend who got the first edition Vita for $350 and received it a day before official release in India, paying a total of 23k for it after ship+customs. I never knew him before, but he called me, only to tell me how really awesome the device is. He must just be an avid gamer but when I received it, I was amazed at what it had to offer.

Of course I got it for cheap but at 18.5k Indian price, it's still a great device. I would have still gone for it. My parent's didn't fund my Vita, it all came from my pocket and being a student that is a pretty small pocket. It wasn't easy but I managed to get it and even 15k was a hit for me.

I haven't seen anyone owning the Vita complain as of yet. I am skeptical about the lack of games too. But call it my fortune or misfortune I don't have much time to game and am struggling to finish Rayman as of now. Next up is UC, then Ninja gaiden, an iOS type of Escape plan, I plan on Wipeout after that. Gravity rush should release by then. It is a promising handheld. Also the PSP library is there. I never owned a PSP so maybe that adds to my elation. Fifa fans are going gaga over it, and so many are into MVC3 and virtua tennis. i don't play any of them. But I don't feel left out.

All I can say to prospective buyers is. If you can afford it, buy it. If not wait it out, it's not necessary to squeeze out every penny for a device in its infancy.

This is just my opinion of Vita. x2

Back