Sony SmartWatch Now Available In India For Rs. 6299

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Sony SmartWatch is launched and now available in India . The watch is retailing for Rs 6299 across Sony outlets and available online on Indiatimes .

watcha.jpg

The SmartWatch is a wearable display measuring 1.42 inches tall by 1.42 inches wide and 0.3 inch thick, it can be worn as a watch or can be clipped to clothes .

The Smartwatch connects to Android smartphone using Bluetooth 3.0 technology and can be used to control the phone's music player and view information like calls , sms , e-mail , Facbook , twitter etc .

Various applications can be installed on the phone either directly through the Sony LiveWare's list of suggested apps or by searching the Google Play store which are displayed on the watch , it doesnt store any data in itself except time .

The watch comes with black wrist band but 5 more color wristbands will be available . It comes with 1 year warranty .

Went through a whole lot of ownership threads in xda. Looks like it's shock proof, dust proof & splash proof. Not water proof though.

But it works for me, I'm completely amazed by the range of apps it has. The new firmware has fixed a lot of issues according to the users at XDA. This for me works much better as a watch than a Edifice or a G-shock at that price, but that's just me.
Casio disappointed with their bluetooth watch for which I waited for long and Sony's Live view wasn't good either.

Maybe my search ends at this. Will have a look at the Sony store before taking the plunge

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Go through this >> [ACC]Ultimate Sony Smartwatch INFO thread (MN2) - xda-developers

im also getting one soon . will review it after getting .. just confused whether i should order from indIatimes or not .

:what:
I was going to buy myself an Edifice this week or the next but this has definitely piqued my interest. If someone gets a good deal locally can they start a GO.
Meanwhile I will ask my friend in Delhi if he can get me a good price as he works for Sony hinself.:)

i went to local sony world to check it out , he had only 1 piece and that too he didnt want to open .. he said theres not much stock and its in huge demand ..

Back