Sony SmartWatch Now Available In India For Rs. 6299

Tempted to buy, I use a Galaxy Nexus mostly for listening to music, is this of any help?

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Seems this guy lost his nuts
Sony Ericsson SmartWatch AndroidTM watch (Black) | eBay

If you are planning to use it only for music. Mind you, all you get is a wireless remote for your phone.

Regarding the other link, it's selling for 9K in US, so adding customs and shipping, the deal price is logical from seller point of view coz he seems to be SNS type.

Do try in Sony World outlets.

@sriharsha_m
Thinking of getting this for my Xperia U
How is the resolution of the screen? Pixel Density?
Is the time display always on or do u need to press a button to bring it up?
Can you control a BT headset from the Watch?
Can you read texts on it? Dont think u can reply from it.
What are the apps available?

Also wat are features missing from ur point of view?

@sriharsha_m
Thinking of getting this for my Xperia U
How is the resolution of the screen? Pixel Density?
Is the time display always on or do u need to press a button to bring it up?
Can you control a BT headset from the Watch?
Can you read texts on it? Dont think u can reply from it.
What are the apps available?

Also wat are features missing from ur point of view?
  1. Screen resolution is ok ok. Don't expect iPod nano pixel density levels, but it's good.
  2. There are basically three types of clocks as you see here >> ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting. First one is a battery efficient one, meaning you have to press the button or tap the screen or tap the strap ( or shake your hand violently :p) for the clock to show up. Second and third are always on clocks, but they drain battery. Using the first clock, watch lasted for over 10days, but using always on clock drained battery within a day and half. Even if it loses connectivity with phone, it still shows time even without syncing, runs it's own clock from last sync state I guess.
  3. No you can't control bluetooth headset as such, but you can control all call handling scenarios with the call handling app. Basically Bluetooth headset buttons are useless if you use this watch.
  4. Yes, you can read texts, twitter feeds, Facebook feeds, Stocks, Exchange rates etc etc. Replying is limited to predefined texts. The official app has only one pre-defined msg which can be changed. But with a third party app, you can have 10 pre-defined customizable templates.
  5. Check the first post >> [ACC]Ultimate Sony Smartwatch INFO thread (MN2) - xda-developers

Things I found missing.

• They could have used the accelerometer for the battery efficient clock so that it show time whenever you turn watch towards your face. Like the auto El on most watches, where back light is activated if the watch is tilted at some angle.
  • They could have provided a better strap.
  • They could have had some removable clip attachment like a Fiio E6, so that you can remove and use it on watch strap somehow, coz the actual watch part is much slim without the clip.
  • More customizable watch faces would have been better ( Though you have third party ones, not that effective)

UPDATE:
Bought a Titan Edge metal strap for the watch :D
Paid RS.750 for it, definitely worth the premium. Kit looks much better now.

wow the metal strap looks much better .. i went to sony store yesterday to find out if its still available and it was out of stock :(

more i would like to add
hope it will help people..
Sony will launch its SmartWatch, a mobile accessory that displays information like incoming call, massages and can also be used to control music, will be launched by this month. The device, which comes in a wrist watch form factor, will be priced at Rs 6,299, according to Sony India's Facebook page.

more i would like to add
hope it will help people..
Sony will launch its SmartWatch, a mobile accessory that displays information like incoming call, massages and can also be used to control music, will be launched by this month. The device, which comes in a wrist watch form factor, will be priced at Rs 6,299, according to Sony India's Facebook page.

Double-facepalm.jpg

Back