Sony Vaio E Series(i3) v/s Acer 5740DG (i5)

theruler

Disciple
Both of these laptops come with Ati 5650 graphics,but its only the processor (i3 330 v/s i5 530) that is different.And the Vaio comes with resolution of 1920*1080 which looks stunning.With my budget being 50K(Max),which one would you guys suggest?

Looks wise,the Vaio wins for me.Should I go in for the Vaio? I've read a few reviews about the 5740 on the forum,all of them positive,but that 100% confidence is lacking.:huh:

Unless your are going to use the laptop for some really heavy usage ,I don't think that core i5 is needed.The Vaio is lot better than the Acer in terms of looks and build quality, finish etc.Also the screen of the Vaio stands out in terms of the colours and contrast .

I too was in a similar dilemma while shopping for a laptop for my brother.After comparing the 5740G and the Vaio side by side at Jumbo eletctronics , my bro picked up the Vaio from Lamignton road with a 6% discount on the price. ;)

FaH33m said:
After comparing the 5740G and the Vaio side by side at Jumbo eletctronics , my bro picked up the Vaio from Lamignton road with a 6% discount on the price. ;)

Great,the Vaio it is then.I had completely settled on the 5740 until the Vaio came along :) How much did you pay Faheem? around 47K? Any freebies thrown along?

theruler said:
Great,the Vaio it is then.I had completely settled on the 5740 until the Vaio came along :) How much did you pay Faheem? around 47K? Any freebies thrown along?

Yeah paid exactly 47.1k .No freebies thrown in.I inquired at lot of different places and it seems Sony has the minimum profit margins for dealers anyways so the max discount they can give is ~7% on MRP .Since this was a newer model ,dealer gave 6% discount.

SharekhaN said:
But the question is, how much does the Viao go for? Is it comparable to the 45000 that of the Acer 5740G?

If you want something value for money ,Acer is a better choice.Infact the 5740G with core i3 and the ATI card for just 40k is unbeatable .Sony has better overall looks and finish .Also the screen is lot better and easily noticeable when compared side by side. So for that extra 2k ,I guess it's worth it. Also it would have most probably have a slightly better resale value.

I guess acer is better choice in terms of performance..i5(upto 2.53ghz) is much faster den i3(2.13ghz)..

And i3 procy ll be botleneck for smooth gaming(recent games)..:( So if ur lukin for gud config wich wont ditch u in long run..go for acer..

But if ur not tat into gaming..luks and brand name maters u more den go for sony..:)

FaH33m said:
Yeah paid exactly 47.1k .No freebies thrown in.I inquired at lot of different places and it seems Sony has the minimum profit margins for dealers anyways so the max discount they can give is ~7% on MRP .Since this was a newer model ,dealer gave 6% discount.

If you want something value for money ,Acer is a better choice.Infact the 5740G with core i3 and the ATI card for just 40k is unbeatable .Sony has better overall looks and finish .Also the screen is lot better and easily noticeable when compared side by side. So for that extra 2k ,I guess it's worth it. Also it would have most probably have a slightly better resale value.

Yaar from which shop you got it for 47.1k ??
No matter where i inquire,max discount im getting is Rs 500-1000 off along with some freebies.

^ Lamington road. Don't have exact address of shop but incase you want I can PM you the contact no. of the dealer. :)

Back