Sony Xperia Z and Xperia ZL Now Official, Will Arrive Globally in Q1

Krait even though a year old still hold its turf against T4 and the newly launched Krait 6/800 series will be even better with Adreno 30x graphics.

The worst part is that Tegra still uses the pathetic 4+1 design which bloats the battery.

Anyway over OP I am not buying Sony even though the design is awesome so is the specs but considering how pathetic their s.w quality is I'll give it a pass and consider S4. Samsung devices has great software stack and unmatched community support/.

^ I know that you've had a bad experience with the Sola because it won't be receiving an upgrade to JB, but trust me, Samsung is getting worse when it comes to dealing with the developer community.

All major Samsung developers like Codeworkx and Entropy have already shifted to Sony devices due to their Qualcomm chipsets and Sony's open arms approach towards developers. I own an S2 and my next device will definitely be a Sony or the Nexus 4. For me, community support is far more important than official updates which mostly suck major balls.

^^Well not likely! When I bought Sola I never expected JB update on the first hand so I have no gripes over there.

Get a Sola and use it, ICS is horrible. The update is laggy and drain battery like hell.

As for the phone its very good but its not just about hardware isnt it? Unless s.w can make the most out of it the experience become hopeless.

I/m fine with ICS but it should be optimized - despite being dual core with 512Mb which is modest, the performance is nowhere near with lags and stutter. I'd give sony a pass with my next purchase (whenever that may happen)

Will pick HTC or Samsung for that matter.

Krait even though a year old still hold its turf against T4 and the newly launched Krait 6/800 series will be even better with Adreno 30x graphics.

The worst part is that Tegra still uses the pathetic 4+1 design which bloats the battery.

Anyway over OP I am not buying Sony even though the design is awesome so is the specs but considering how pathetic their s.w quality is I'll give it a pass and consider S4. Samsung devices has great software stack and unmatched community support/.

I thought the same too. But Sony is shifting to a new model where updates will indeed come far quicker (and will come) for their phones.

In addition, Sony's UI and hardware are simply too good to pass up on. I'll see the S IV when it launches in May, but I believe by June-July the Xperia Z/ZL will settle for around 30k, and I will most definitely buy it.

Another reason is that the Xperia Z/ZL uses the same Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset as the Google Nexus 4. Nearly everything is identical to that chipset and that will enable for blazing fast ports of new Android versions (for XDA developers and Sony SW team as well).

The case gets stronger and stronger for Sony. I really hope to own a Xperia ZL in the next 5 months.

kiss the dev support good buy. Cyanogenmod and many others have now dropped/will drop sammy support in the future. Leading the charge is cyanogen :)

By seeing the major improvements in a past year from the sony camp , who knows the next iteration of nexus might be from sony itself and i am dying to see more players in the nexus lineup.

Sony SW lacks quality!? WTF
Imo they have the slickest n simple UI when compared to other manufacturers.
Can't wait for Xperia Z to come down below 30k mark.

Mainly because a Sony Nexus doesn't make any sense for Sony. Google will price it absurdly low and not allow Sony to pack in features that makes Sony devices unique. No SEN, No Playstation Suite etc are deal breakers as well for Sony.

Which is why we will never see a Sony nexus, unless Google allows Sony to alter the rulebook.

Back