Sony Xperia Z Coming to India on March 6

@Lord Nemesis

I too agree that iPhone is overpriced. I only bought the iPhone while i was in US and it was within my reach for the used ones. At 45K i would not buy one in India.
But you see apple is commanding a premium only because they can and people do buy them. I never bought iPhone for a status symbol, i bought only after i saw that it fits my requirements and price point and using my wife's phone for a period of time.
But the general trend is that people have started to accept that a 35K+ phone is some awesome with godly features when it is actually not. While when micromax comes at less than half the cost at same appearance (in terms of cosmetic specs like screen size etc) people start saying that S3 and note too are expensive only because they have a cheaper alternative now.
A casual user like me would probably never spend on a note / S3 upward of 30k only because what i want is even fulfilled by micromax Canvas 2 (not even HD).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not like 44k for a new BB crap, IMO 38k for such a cool phone is a good starting price, ...

Me waiting for the price drop :p

Another reference to iPhone in a android thread. You guys have breached the sanctity of the thread. :p
On a serious note, lets leave iPhone alone for now and concentrate on this beauty.

So who is waiting for a price drop? IMO we might see one in another 3 months or so. Many flagships are losing at least a few thousands a couple of months after launch.

- - - Updated - - -

39k for Xperia Z
45k for Z10
45k for iP5

When you look at it, I think people who can shell out so much wont really be bothered about "saving up" on a VFM device.

VFM is more when price is reasonable. All these flagships and even iPhone included are just over priced. Having waterproof and 1080p screen does not magically make the phone VFM at 38K price point.
The fact (in my opinion) is that phone prices have started to get ridiculous and worst part is people are accepting it and doing a self convincing that it is VFM.
Hope companies like MMX etc come up with budget models to counter these big companies.

Having waterproof and 1080p screen does not magically make the phone VFM at 38K price point.

Why not ?
We can def say that the price is justified if not vfm. Both are not really mutually exclusive imo.

The fact (in my opinion) is that phone prices have started to get ridiculous and worst part is people are accepting it and doing a self convincing that it is VFM.
Hope companies like MMX etc come up with budget models to counter these big companies.

Agree on getting pricier part. Maybe the companies have realised the short cycle of refreshing their articles means they have to accomodate more research/introduction of new features and hence they have to keep their coffers filled up to keep continuing.

But MMX type phones? Dont they have serious question mark over their quality??
They are typical chinese brands and have been rebranded to sell here by Indian companies.

Apple iphone 5 costs 45k and doesn't even have a 720p screen, 4 inch screen (although beautiful) and limited storage.

On the other hand, this is a 1080p screen, 5 inch, waterproof and is around 15% cheaper WITH several accessories. What's there not to like? I'm not following you.

Now, don't slate me as an Apple hater, cause I'm not. Proud owner of a 5th gen apple device.

^^I am no way comparing the devices and features. I am saying that before when iPhones were still 40k+, everyone would bash them and other manufacturers were close to 25K+. The others started to reach at 30K then 35k and now 40k and still apple is bashed for being expensive.
Probably expensive for what it offers relative to other manufacturers.
But everyone knows apple is a premium product and they would probably never reduce the prices.
Not sure if i am comparing it right but it is like, saying i have a 4 seater Honda city for less cost and someone else has a 2 seater bmw but that is very costly.
Both are cars and both do the basic functions as they are supposed to. But one is a premium segment product while other is not.

^^

I don't understand why you made that statement about Micromax/ Chinese phones earlier then. Micromax pricing will not affect pricing of Samsung, Sony, Apple and other top manufacturers just like how Tata Nano price doesn't affect the pricing of a Honda. Nor should both even be compared.

at that price,it better stay out of India.they will rake up profit,and before you know it,it's the east-india-company all over again...damn.

Back