Sony Xperia Z5 phones official. Z5 Premium is the world's first phone with 4k UHD display

This is Interesting.

Sony slashes price of Xperia Z5 only 3 days after launch

• Sony Xperia Z5 Compact – £429 (was £549)
  • Sony Xperia Z5 – £549(was £599)
  • Sony Xperia Z5 Premium – £599(was £699)

Good news.
We can expect Sony to compete

Z5 Premium with Note 5 for 53k imho 48k is a sweet deal

Z5 to compete with S6 Edge for 42k imho 39k is a sweet spot(I remember that Z was launched at 35k)

Z5 compact to compete with i6 or 5s for 40k-32k imho 35k is good deal.

Hope Sony comes with lucrative prices.
Then it's sony's ball in court.

Aftersales service of Sony is quite good at least bettter than Samsung(my experience)

Seems Sony hasn't been entirely forthcoming with their Z5 Premium 4K display mobile. After many queries from various sources about whether the Z5 premium was having a 4K display or not, they have clarified that the 4K display was only on demand.
Xperia Z5 Premium features a 4K display with a resolution of 3840x2160 pixels based on SID Standard and enables all video and image content to be enjoyed in 4K resolution. All other content is displayed at 1080P or lower resolution in order to optimise the performance and battery stamina for this device, ensuring you can enjoy the 4K resolution when you need it most.
This is actually welcome and good, especially with regard to battery life, but it would have been better if Sony had disclosed this from the beginning. Either way, now we know how their claim of 2 days battery life for the Z5 premium is gonna work out. :)

Source

With the recent fall in S6 prices, I think this is going to be a dud at the prices mentioned above. Anyway in India, Sony seems to have absurd prices for almost their whole product line.

I read that they gonna skip releasing Z5 compact for India.

For the first time they had the chance to have two good phones in the form of Z5 compact and Z3 compact existing at the same time, they could have competed in two different price slabs and let the buyers decide on the basis of their pockets and instead they skip the Z5 compact's release altogether. :banghead:

Wow, thats freaking expensive....dont think its going to do all that well, specially since LG seems to be one up on the cameras this gen

Back