Car & Bike Sony XSP-N1BT - is it any good?

mrmash

Disciple
My car audio system of 8 years went kaput recently, and I have been on the lookout for a cheap and reliable system with USB, AUX and Bluetooth support. Yesterday I went to Chamunda Circle, Borivali West for changing my steering wheel cover and chatted up with the owner.

He showed me some systems from Pioneer and Sony. I was much more inclined towards a single DIN system but he said he can sell me the XSP-N1BT from Sony, a double DIN system at almost the same price.

Does anyone here have any experience with the above mentioned car audio system. Is it any good?

never had any experience with sony systems, but have seen them receiving flak and being despised across forums! perhaps one day sony would quit car-audio systems mkt too. ;)

pioneer is said to have a warm soundstage, and generally good for Indian music. if you can go to G.B. road, there's 'Sound factor', which will let you demo various units and help you decide on a set-up. budget is ~10k or lesser?

also, have read that you can source units for cheaper at Opera House ('Suraj Enterprise' is one of the stores there).
take some more time to decide. don't rush in.

Budget is ~10k. I am open to digital receivers as well. CD player is not a requirement. I hardly use any CD's nowadays. I will try and visit Opera house and Thane. Thanks for the suggestions.

very well!
a friend recently got a full Blaupunkt system fitted for 10.9k (at Indore). New Orleans 220 for HU, and EMX663 & GT 65.2c for speakers.

for an all-Pioneer set-up, would suggest this - DEH X-1690UB (or a newer version, if available) + ovals TS A935H or TS A935 (cheaper) + TS A634 / 635 for the front doors.

else, JVC KW-R500 / 510 + JBL speakers (3-way GT6 S699 ovals for rears & CS 6 for the front doors).

alternatively, you can also combine Pioneer HU with Rockford Fosgate speakers, like R693 for the rears and R52 / R152 / R1675 or any other suitable speakers for the front doors.

Back