PC Peripherals Sound card and graphics card are both PCI E X 16, now what?

cool_dude

Disciple
Sound card specifications say it's PCI not PCI x16...

Pci is older generation slot, many recent mother boards don't have.

You will have to buy a PCIe (express - small slot) compatible Sound card, which your motherboard supports

What @drkrack says it true. Also I must ask, since you're using an H77 board, what processor are you using? Because if it's got onboard HD2000/2500/3000/4000 it will be better than a GT 610 for sure.

You need to buy this mobo in order to use both your cards.

Aa58Nvl.jpg

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard -4500.

@drkrack, yes sir, you are right. The sound card doesn't fit this new motherboard, so even removing the graphics card will not be of any use. I am using Core i5 3450. Should I sell the graphics card? (I am of course selling the sound card. :D)

@Powersurge and @bssunil, thanks for replying.

I5 3450 is a very good processor with Graphic capabilities. If gaming is your priority change the Card, it's hardly any upgrade over your on board graphics. Buy a midrange card atleast, BTW What's your PSU like?

Gaming is not my priority. Photoshop is the most resource intensive application that I ever use. Should I sell the graphics card then?

My PSU is Coolermaster 390. I am using this graphics card, 2 1TB HDDs, 1 DVD drive, 1 fan. Should I change the PSU?

Gaming is not my priority. Photoshop is the most resource intensive application that I ever use. Should I sell the graphics card then?

My PSU is Coolermaster 390. I am using this graphics card, 2 1TB HDDs, 1 DVD drive, 1 fan. Should I change the PSU?

I doubt your PSU would be enough for a midrange GPU, even I rarely game nowadays, video editing is the most resource intense task I do. I'm happy with GT 630 1gb.

If you're expecting a speedy CPU ; upgrade to SSD for OS drive if you haven't already. It'll give a considerable bump in performance, even with worst of SSD.

If you still feel the performance is inadequate upgrade PSU & GPU in next step.

Back