Samsung SH-S223F
Bijli
VX450
Logitech Multimedia
MX518
Samsung 226BW
MX5021
APC 650VA
Onboard sound on this G31 mobo is not at all good, It's worst I think :( .

So looking for a cheap alternative for say 2k approx.

Right now don't want to spend 5k for Xonar DX, may be after some time.
afterwords I'll move this alternative to the rig at home.

need very very quick suggestions by tomorrow afternoon.

Also what you say shall I save for Xonar only?

even if you say yes give an alternate solution for around 2k beacuse at present onboard is just unbearable :mad: .

Thanks
Verma

And nish has got a M-audio for sale, but at a higher price.

I'm sorry, at 2K I don't know that you'll get anything worth recommending. At least, not from me.

Unless...

USB Sound

OR

There was a thread about a cheap little adapter with free shipping. 500 bucks. Could hold you up for some time.

OR

I have a SB Live! which is modded to its gills, and sounds quite good - it was for sale. PM me if you're interested and I'll try and dig it out of storage. I had a thread somewhere which had it buried somewhere. I closed it when the whole picture discussion started. That is, if you're in Mumbai, don't bother otherwise. I can't be bothered to ship it anywhere.

buBleZ said:
If you wait for 4 days i am going to put my Creative X-fi in classifieds around that price :)

seems you are from bangalore.

PM your quote qith the full name of the card and its condition.

and put me first in the line for your card.:D
sangram said:
And nish has got a M-audio for sale, but at a higher price.

I'm sorry, at 2K I don't know that you'll get anything worth recommending. At least, not from me.

Unless...

USB Sound

OR

There was a thread about a cheap little adapter with free shipping. 500 bucks. Could hold you up for some time.

OR

I have a SB Live! which is modded to its gills, and sounds quite good - it was for sale. PM me if you're interested and I'll try and dig it out of storage. I had a thread somewhere which had it buried somewhere. I closed it when the whole picture discussion started. That is, if you're in Mumbai, don't bother otherwise. I can't be bothered to ship it anywhere.

yesterday itself asked nish to give his account details. no reply yet.

and ofcourse anything from your side will be worth buying.
PM the details. BTW I'm from bangalore.

verma said:
seems you are from bangalore.

PM your quote qith the full name of the card and its condition.

and put me first in the line for your card.:D

You are second in line :p Some one else saw this thread and contacted me to put in first :)

verma said:
^^^^Damn, he was quite fast.

anyways PM me details of the card atleast.

@TE members: Any other suggestions?

I am gonna sell creative x-fi xtreme music.. Price not decided.. But will be around 2K.. Also will be putting the third party I/O module for it which provides optical/coax IOs for the card It will be also around 2K..

Card is in perfect working condition and no issues whatsoever. Approx a year old.

^^^^thanks,

Are you from bangalore? If yes, I can be the best candidate since I'm also from bangalore.

any warranty left over on the card?

^^^^ testing warranty will be fine.

than why not have a deal today itself? why to wait for 4 days?

My onboard really sucks.

verma said:
^^^^ testing warranty will be fine.

than why not have a deal today itself? why to wait for 4 days?

My onboard really sucks.

I dont like my onboard as well..:p I will be getting a backup within 4 days.. So the time :)

And 3 ppl in queue

XFis sell even before they hit the market :p. Even mine got sold the moment I thought about putting it into the market.

For the thread creator, there's a new XFi Surround USB 5.1 card thats available for 4250 bucks. It is USB but has all connectivity options, runs off USB power and sounds better than the internal XFi. Only downer is it supports EAX4 not EAX5 and has just 64 hardware buffers vs 128 in the PCI version. Still nice VFM since it definitely sounds nicer and has proper goldplated RCA outputs for the fronts instead of minijacks and a TOSLink output.

^^ oh never heard of that.. but wat about resource utilization since its USB and how does it sound better when specs are almost same :S

^^Specs have got nothing to do with how something sounds :p. The specs are actually worse in the USB version and CPU utilization will be higher. However CPU is hardly an issue these days. The thing that seals it in the USB's favor is that you can use it with a laptop or desktop and the loads of connectivity options.

I'm gonna modify mine with LM4562 this weekend and then check how it sounds.

Chaos said:
^^ loads of connectivity options.

Hey can you post a link to the product.. I am confused which one in the creative site.. And what else it has extra other than the TOSlink you mentioned?

Chaos said:
XFis sell even before they hit the market :p. Even mine got sold the moment I thought about putting it into the market.

For the thread creator, there's a new XFi Surround USB 5.1 card thats available for 4250 bucks. It is USB but has all connectivity options, runs off USB power and sounds better than the internal XFi. Only downer is it supports EAX4 not EAX5 and has just 64 hardware buffers vs 128 in the PCI version. Still nice VFM since it definitely sounds nicer and has proper goldplated RCA outputs for the fronts instead of minijacks and a TOSLink output.

I own a set of MX5021, which you also had a few yeras back.
so probably you can tell much better which sound card will be good for MX for around 2k.

and at 4250 bucks for XFi Surround USB 5.1, how about Xonar DX for 5000 bucks?

buBleZ's X-fi extreme music seems good at 2k. isn't it?

Back