Source confirms Lenovo K4 Note Price & Specs: Rs. 12,999 with 4GB RAM

So who is getting this phone

• Yes me!

• Not me :/

Results are only viewable after voting.

v.Na5h

Skilled
The upcoming Lenovo K4 Note will ship with 4GB of RAM, not 3GB as Lenovo is marketing currently. This report has been confirmed by an internal source at Lenovo who doesn’t wish to be identified.
Our source claims Lenovo K4 Note to include 5.5 inch FHD display with Corning Gorilla Glass, powered by MediaTek Helio X10 processor and Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Along with the metal unibody design, K4 Note is going to have a fingerprint sensor on the back of the phone.
The device will also ship with 16GB/32GB internal storage with a capability to expand up to 200GB using microSD card. Lenovo K4 Note will include 13MP primary camera and 8MP front camera with a 3100mAh battery. The device will ship with dual SIM 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.1, standard Wi-Fi, and OTG support as connectivity options.
3b0a0eb4-b46b-4e58-869f-49a6f12ab5d3.jpg

However, the initial reports made tech bloggers to believe that Lenovo K4 Note will have 3GB RAM. Even according to our speculation, a smartphone with 3GB cannot be a killer device since there are other competing phones such as CoolPad Note 3 available with the exact same offering.
We believe that Lenovo might not be able to tap into the highly competitive market unless the upcoming Lenovo K4 Note is equipped with 4GB RAM. This is because gamers always crave for more speed so that they can play without any lags, and it will definitely be the game changer.
Lenovo K4 Note Price in India

Our source also confirms that Lenovo K4 Note will be be sold a bit costlier than Lenovo K3 Note and is priced somewhere near to the K3 Note Music edition i.e. Rs 12,999.
The phone is scheduled to launch on 5th January, 2016 in New Delhi, India.

http://www.pc-tablet.co.in/2015/12/...ovo-k4-note-price-specs-rs-12999-4gb-ram-3gb/

When I first saw the "4GB RAM" I was like
Why do these companies which make cheap phones always emphasize the RAM in their marketing? And the 13k pricing sounds like the phone will be just another crap overcrowding the Indian market.
Then I saw the other specs and features. On paper they sound ggoooddd! Android v6? Check. FHD display? Check. High RAM? Check. 3k mah battery? Check. If Helio X10 is as good as people claim it to be it will seem to be an interesting phone. Honestly I don't care about the damn benchmarks. I just want my phone to do what it should do (according to my expectations of the specs) and not fail me in critical moments. And what I'm about to say may not receive a positive reaction from the fans but I've used, tried and tested many phones from basic to "high" Micromax tier but no phone with MediaTek chipset has ever failed to disappoint me in one way or the other. Not saying that Qualcomm is perfect but MediaTek is way behind in my ratings. Numbers dont mean much to me now. So I hope that Helio X10 will be different. I will reserve my final judgement for now.
K4 Note is equipped with 4GB RAM. This is because gamers always crave for more speed so that they can play without any lags
LOLnovo!

Last edited:
Specs and quality are not the same thing. Chinese products are cheap and usually provide the same specs on paper.

But quality products don't often come cheap. And thus specs and quality aren't the same things in today's world.
This is Lenovo that we are talking about. This isn't Micromax/Intex/Lava etc. In my opinion, Lenovo produces better quality phones compared to Micromax/Intex/Lava.
Lenovo has phones with lesser specs which cost around 15k(Lenovo Vibe S1/P1).
Why would they introduce a product with much better specs at lower price? It will cannibalize the sales of its own phones.

Specs and quality are not the same thing. Chinese products are cheap and usually provide the same specs on paper.

But quality products don't often come cheap. And thus specs and quality aren't the same things in today's world.
My point exactly. Real world performance differ.
Why would they introduce a product with much better specs at lower price? It will cannibalize the sales of its own phones.

This is Lenovo doing crazy things in the smartphone market out of desperation to become relevant. :p

Last edited:

Quality is determined by the choice of components used and the manufacturing/assembling process. Not just by quality checks. Components are not limited to just the SoC which contains the CPU/GPU/RAM. A manufacturer can make a phone of the highest quality and still will not incur a lot of cost. Quality does not automatically imply a massive bump in price and high price does not imply quality.

R&D overheads are not that high either. Samsung spends roughly 7.5% of its budget on R&D and Apple spends 2%. So, where does a sizable chunk of these tech companies budget go? Marketing. What do they market? Its not just the products or the underlying technical specifications. They spend money to build a brand name that increases the value of their products.

If I take a good phone coming out of one of the Chinese factories and officially label it under one of the recognizable brands, its value automatically jumps. You will never pay the same price for the unbranded version even if it came out of the same factory after going through the same QA checks.

Brand name is not determined by quality of products. Every version of iPhone released had intentional and unintentional defects. In fact Apple acquired its touch screen tech from a Finnish company that went bankrupt because after spending a lot on research, their technology had a defect that rendered bands of the touch screen unusable. Apple bought this bankrupt company and used their technology in the 1st gen iPhone and this product had this defect. Apple still managed the issue as as a part of that, they issued on the spot replacements. But even apart from the replacements, they managed it so well that a lot of people don't even know that this issue exists in the 1st gen. They also actively market things like that their company is American. Believe it or not, a lot of Americans buy Apple products due an absurd sentiment called patriotism. While there are people who do know that they are assembled in china, they excuse it, but want would not be excusable for them is outsourcing to India. Every American company that opened tech support or R&D centers in India had their brand value decrease because of it. But Apple will never open a R&D center in India even though a sizable chunk of people in American offices are Indians.So when you are paying $800 for an iPhone, you are just paying for that brand name and recognition and what else Apple has to do to maintain their recognition.

On the other hand, cost can sometimes determine brand recognition. That is what Samsung has been doing for some years now. Instead of selling their flag ship devices at half the cost of an iPhone, they are deliberately selling it similar or higher cost than Apple products and improved their brand name because of it.

The reason you would need to keep changing products is because of what is called "Planned Obsolescence". A cheap Chinese phone has paper thin margins. So they want to sell a lot of them and sell them often to make a profit. Typically, they would not really want their products to last more than 2 years. So while they can make a perfect product that lasts almost for ever while still not costing a bomb, its is against their interests to do so.

Apple sells their phones for 3 times the cost, but they too have a very proactive and aggressive planned obsolescence policy to render products unusable. For instance, putting very small amount of RAM or crippling software features is some of them. Samsung's approach is to out-date the hardware by frequent releases. So in a year, you would feel that your device is 2~3 gen's old.

Last edited:
Regret buying the Lenovo K3 note. After 2 month of usage, the phone has become sluggish and slow. Also I do not game and have not installed any thing related to that. Still the phone takes around 10 sec to even open any simple application. It claims to have 2GB RAM but that does not help. Earlier had a Samsung Grand II where I did not face this kind of problem. As such quality of Chinese phones are questionable even if they offer higher specs with lower price.

I wouldn't buy or recommend Lenovo phones. It is my opinion after using K3 note.

Well two of my friends recently got the K3 Note. They are average users who know little about what the specs say and go by the number. Higher=always better. So even if its performance is below expectation i dont think that they will admit it. Many people dont want to admit that the things which they own are of lower/bad/poor/whatever quality. :/
But as i said earlier specs are not directly proportional to real world performance. Lumia phones, even if they are not as popular as Android and the general society viewing Lumia/Windows phones as utter crap and the mindset that Androids are far superior to it and also tend to have lower specs on paper as compared to Android phones, are often better options than Android except maybe for the Apps part but I for one can live with it. Am I wrong?

Regret buying the Lenovo K3 note. After 2 month of usage, the phone has become sluggish and slow. Also I do not game and have not installed any thing related to that. Still the phone takes around 10 sec to even open any simple application. It claims to have 2GB RAM but that does not help. Earlier had a Samsung Grand II where I did not face this kind of problem. As such quality of Chinese phones are questionable even if they offer higher specs with lower price.

I wouldn't buy or recommend Lenovo phones. It is my opinion after using K3 note.
Are you sure that there isn't a 3rd party app which is casuing the slowness?

I removed Facebook and Facebook Messenger from my Moto G 1st gen last week. Phone is running much better now.

I am not sure if K3 Note comes with Lollipop or not. But Lollipop 5.0 has a memory clearing bug which makes the products running it slow as the memory is not cleared properly. I think it was rectified later in 5.1.1. But I have to say, Kitkat v4.4.4 was much much better than any lollipop release on my Moto G 1st gen.

My brother uses a lenovo a7000 which has a mediatek soc. He has been using it since maybe 5 months now
He bought it not because it has a true octacore cpu but just that it was fitting his budget
He has many apps loaded and uses 4g. Till date he has not felt that the phone has slowed down.
Yeah after loading so many apps he complains that battery life is not so good but that would be true for any phone.
Also 4g uses the maximum battery and his stocks app is on most of the time during market hours

Are you sure that there isn't a 3rd party app which is casuing the slowness?

I removed Facebook and Facebook Messenger from my Moto G 1st gen last week. Phone is running much better now.

I am not sure if K3 Note comes with Lollipop or not. But Lollipop 5.0 has a memory clearing bug which makes the products running it slow as the memory is not cleared properly. I think it was rectified later in 5.1.1. But I have to say, Kitkat v4.4.4 was much much better than any lollipop release on my Moto G 1st gen.

I think the phone should run smooth with facebook and facebook messanger. We all use that, don't we? If a phone with 2GB RAM could not handle facebook, I think it is useless. Also this 3000mah battery is a joke in this phone. The fully charged K3 note with wifi switched on and speaking for more than an hour the battery drains out to 60% and that too on a two months old phone. I think I would hereafter stick with Samsung or Sony phones (though I don't much like them) for atleast the battery life.

Battery reaching 60 percent by talking on the phone for an hour is surely unheard of
Be it any phone max 2 to 3 percent battery is used..
Maybe your specific handset has some issues ?

I think the phone should run smooth with facebook and facebook messanger. We all use that, don't we? If a phone with 2GB RAM could not handle facebook, I think it is useless. Also this 3000mah battery is a joke in this phone. The fully charged K3 note with wifi switched on and speaking for more than an hour the battery drains out to 60% and that too on a two months old phone. I think I would hereafter stick with Samsung or Sony phones (though I don't much like them) for atleast the battery life.
If some application is not coded properly then it does not matter if you have 2GB of RAM or 16GB of RAM.
A colleague had found that Messenger was using CPU continuously and his phone was really hot. Only after he restarted his phone did it come back to normal.

Kitkat v4.4.4 was much much better than any lollipop release on my Moto G 1st gen.
Lots of people have problems with L with most common issues like heating and battery draining quickly.
I think the phone should run smooth with facebook and facebook messanger. We all use that, don't we?

Strangely enough I had facebook, fb messenger and twitter apps on my old Android phone with 1GB RAM and never encountered any problem with the apps. But I removed them because of battery problems and notifications spam.

Nope. We dont.
And FB app is a known resource hog.
If some application is not coded properly then it does not matter if you have 2GB of RAM or 16GB of RAM.
A colleague had found that Messenger was using CPU continuously and his phone was really hot. Only after he restarted his phone did it come back to normal.
Lol Heck no..

I'd rather use a massager
I completely agree that if a 2gb ram mobile can't handle a single app or messenger than its useless. It perfectly shows what to expect with these brands.
I have a Sony ZR(released 2yrs back) with lollipop and previously kitkat. It have both the FB and messenger. Its a multitask monster with its Qualcomm processor(unlike crap mediatek). I never had problem of those sorts with that.

I understand that no one wants to accept that they have a cheap mobile from cheap brand( compared to apple, sony, samsung etc). So, they find ways to make or show it equivalent to those brands and develop a mental block that prevents them to see reality.

And, You get what you pay for. You can't get the best for cheap. Stop fooling yourself. Yes the big companies do take premium. But, they do justify it most of the time. Companies like lenevo can't ask for premium like those companies as no one would buy them. So, with thin margins they definitely cut corners to save cost like using crap mediatek instead of qualcomm etc. I doubt most people even understand that a 1.5ghz mediatek processor is worse than a 1.2ghz Qualcomm processor in the same generation.

I know you would find ways to justify your cheap mobile. But, even now status and real quality still comes at a cost. You can't get it for cheap.

Back