SPDIF header

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon

Skilled
I dunno whats it called, basically I need something that connects to the SPDIF adapter that connects to your motherboard.

SPDIF-OUT.jpg

Thanks

I would rather upgrade to a new mobo with coaxial out than spend 1k on this.

Added benefits would be USB3/Sata 3 support on new mobo.

Otherwise DIY FTW.

A bit OT but how much is the difference in sound quality. My mobo supports this but I never used it.

^ I just asked if you need something similar- I didn't say that one is for sale- sorry. :ashamed:

You will have to pay maybe 4.5K for that but you will get a decent ATX P45 mobo free with it. :p

My friend uses that for his Yamaha AVR + JBL 5.1 :)

Please give me some time to dig up one for you. :)

^One for me as well - i.e after Brendon get's one. Please. :)

Brendon, sorry for the hijack. :ashamed:

I found one a few weeks back.

Looks almost exactly like the one in your pic, but with a 2-pin header (similar to the one for the 2-pin fans on low-end GPUs). :S

^A 2 pin header is what is required for the SPDIF coaxial. A 3 pin header has the configuration - VCC (+5V), SPDIF out and Ground. The VCC is used for optical out. :)

Desecrator said:
^A 2 pin header is what is required for the SPDIF coaxial. A 3 pin header has the configuration - VCC (+5V), SPDIF out and Ground. The VCC is used for optical out. :)
Err, is there any difference between SPDIF input and coaxial input ?

What I meant was, the 2 pin header Bikey has is suitable for SPDIF coaxial input/output. If the user requires it for SPDIF optical, the 3rd pin comes into picture. :)

2 Pin is required for Coax spdif output, the 3 pin required for optical spdif output to power the light. I am in the process of doing a DIY spdif coax bracket, will post when complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back