Speaker system: Rant!

Why do most of the people I come across, sound so retarded when I ask about sound quality from their speakers?

I mean, the only three (practically two) response I can get out of them is:
1. It has deeeeeeep BASS = it's boxy quality - good for dhin-chak dhin-chak stuff.
2. It has great high frequency response = it sounds so sharp, it can pierce your eardrums and make 'em bleed.
(3. It has 10 Hz to 30 kHz frequency spectrum = I don't know exactly how sensitive it is to all the frequencies)

Wow! Thats a lot of help!

Everyone seems to forget that the middle frequency also counts.
Infact that is what you are going to hear the maximum (and ear are also most sensitive to them)

Most of the so-called good speaker system / earphones sound thin and lifeless. Tinny also sometimes.

And lo, you see (actually hear) them operating their systems at such high volume that you can actually hear the soundcard as well as speakers clipping the audio signal.

Surprisingly, the owners can't make that distortion, at the same time they comment upon the clarity and fidelity of their systems.
LOL
OK :)
Rant over.
Thank goodness ppl here at TE are not like them.

ah the stages of speaker upgraditis :D

#1) all it has is midrange! i want treble!

Cure :cheap tweeters

#2) what use is just treble? I want bass!!

cure : cheap bookshelves/2.1's

#3)I WANT MORE BASS!

cure :bigger bookshelves/bigger sub

#4)I WANT SURROUND!

cure :surrounds :p/HT Reciever

#5)Surround is yesterdays craze. Gimme pure unadulterated stereo!

cure :dedicated stereo AMP + speakers

#6)some more bass and power would be nice!

cure : bigger amp/ floorstanders/sub

#7)high end is what differentiates the true audiophile!

cure : expensive cables/high end source/supertweeters?

#8)Now that i have everthing, lets start with the midrange again

:rofl:

PS: I'm somewhere between 4 and 5 :ashamed:

Unfortunately, When people reaches #6 and try to go beyond, they often forget why they were trying to do it in the first place...

They somehow forget that listening pleasure and enjoying the music for what it is , is infinitely more importnat than a silly quest for audio(phile) nirvana...

Having spent days if not weeks trying to find the perfect settings for my audio system , I suddenly realized that the very charm of music somehow got lost admist my silly quest for finding the best input/output plugins and bi-cabling and superior (??) quality cables....

Anyway, am back to sanity zone, and am enjoying my music since :)

Back